• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

anyone know the deal with this recently 'discovered' batch of 11x firebirds that are being sold? a couple of reputable dealers are selling them on ebay and innova states they are '99.9' sure they are legit 11x fb's. all the colors seem to be very opaque (especially the neon green ones) and i don't remember ever seeing these colors too much on the regular 11x run.

anyway, the prices on these are great and for some reason a lot of people aren't bidding on them. are people tired of hearing the 'just discovered in the corner of the warehouse' stuff?

I have a some F2 firebirds and they are very similar to the 11x run. I'd say the 2 that I throw are close enough for me, but I did get one that had a little dome to it. As mine spend more time out in the sun, they seem to have lost some brightness and have cleared up a bit.
I'm not entirely convinced they are 11x run, but they certainly are just as overstable and pretty flat.

I have a some F2 firebirds and they are very similar to the 11x run. I'd say the 2 that I throw are close enough for me, but I did get one that had a little dome to it. As mine spend more time out in the sun, they seem to have lost some brightness and have cleared up a bit.
I'm not entirely convinced they are 11x run, but they certainly are just as overstable and pretty flat.
^^^Ditto, mine are pretty dang close as well.

OK.
Took the Firebird out (it was a 12x tye dye champ) to the practice field yesterday.
Honestly, I wasn't impressed. It seemed to me a shorter D version of a Katana (which I have in the bag).
I tried all out power throws down to 1/2 power and it basically meat hooked before reaching the 300' range.
I can get the Katana out to @ 350' +/-.
Maybe I don't have the power to properly execute?
Either way, it'll stay in the box for now...

this seems like a good place for a FB question.

i carry 2, both pancake flat 12x's, 166 and 175. they are beefy to the point of being strictly utility discs (thumber,fh roller,grenade).

Would a 170ish star FB have more straight line flight before the fade?

OK.
Took the Firebird out (it was a 12x tye dye champ) to the practice field yesterday.
Honestly, I wasn't impressed. It seemed to me a shorter D version of a Katana (which I have in the bag).
I tried all out power throws down to 1/2 power and it basically meat hooked before reaching the 300' range.

If the FB seems like a shorter version of your Katana, you're doing something wrong. The Katana should have a real nice S curve to it, while the FB should only S-Curve if you're forcing it anny.

Firebirds are utility discs, and meathooks. You will find a use for it, trust me. I started carrying mine only for thumbers and side-arm out of trouble areas, now I use it on at least 3-4 holes a round because of it's overstability.

i carry 2, both pancake flat 12x's, 166 and 175. they are beefy to the point of being strictly utility discs (thumber,fh roller,grenade).

Try and find a Pro FB if you want a straight line before the fade.

OK.

I'll trade for that Firebird, if you don't want it.

Try a lighter current champ. I have dropped my 11xs in favor of the current slightly domed ones. My zones cover the same meat as the 11x did with more control.

WOW! Does Lion ever sell any of his CE FB's? Also a question that pertains to this thread. Is there a differnce between S-FB and your standard *FB's? I bought an older Star FB that is inked S-FB my other ones have the star stamp and FB.

112621_g.jpg

128186_g.jpg

Realized firebirds were awesome today when I threw it for two skip shots which led to saving par. Never really played that shot before today, will do it more often.

If the FB seems like a shorter version of your Katana, you're doing something wrong. The Katana should have a real nice S curve to it, while the FB should only S-Curve if you're forcing it anny.

Firebirds are utility discs, and meathooks. You will find a use for it, trust me. I started carrying mine only for thumbers and side-arm out of trouble areas, now I use it on at least 3-4 holes a round because of it's overstability.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong. (Not to say that I'm not!)
The katana has basically the same flight pattern as the FB when thrown on an anny line w/ good snap, the FB just does not hold the line at all and dies.
Any ways, the FB will not take a spot in the bag:(
Thanks for all of the info that anyone supplied!

Yesterday I finally got an Ace I've been running at non stop with my firebird. It was my second skip Ace with the disc(first double ace disc), and right after I slammed the Ace with my firebird.. this 13 year old I've been trying to teach got his first ace... with his firebird! Back to back firebird skip aces.. Gotta luv it.

Yesterday I finally got an Ace I've been running at non stop with my firebird. It was my second skip Ace with the disc(first double ace disc), and right after I slammed the Ace with my firebird.. this 13 year old I've been trying to teach got his first ace... with his firebird! Back to back firebird skip aces.. Gotta luv it.

How long was the footage for hole? I f you don't mind me asking. :hfive: congrats on the ace by the way!

Latest posts