• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

I know you can do that. You can also do way more and still not lose money.

And still paid out near 100% without those fees taken out.

While I tend to border on the ridiculous at times I know the middle is attainable without much work.

We were sad we had to miss it. We do the same thing in Houston, but the difference is the focus of what you want to do. In my brief dealings with you i can tell that you do it to promote the sport and not to give yourself bragging rights and establish yourself among the elite (or secret society). We catch flack in Houston from surrounding pro's because we try to cover the cost of our players pack from fundraising and pay 100% out to all divisions, which eats into the added cash for the pro divisions. We always go above and beyond the tier requirements, but they only see that we could have put another 1000 or so into thier purse.

If you are going to put Worlds in the southeast again, why not go to Atlanta? You only have the best course in the world there.

Flyboy, East Roswell, Perkerson (hopefully very soon), Central, JP Moseley would make a fun pro worlds to watch!

McCurry, White Oak, Deer Lick to name a few others worthy of play especially for an AM worlds.

The driving distances are long but I think Atlanta could handle a worlds. It would take some serious organization though, and unfortunately I think Bill's sentiments are too close to the truth at this point in time.

"If you are going to put Worlds in the southeast again, why not go to Atlanta? You only have the best course in the world there."

One consideration is that, at this time in our development, PDGA doesn't "put Worlds" anywhere. It receives bids---sometimes singular, a bid---from local organizations willing to undertake hosting them.

An increasing number of locations have the quality and quantity of courses to host a suitable Worlds. I've never been involved in hosting Worlds---my good fortune---but I suspect having the courses is the easy part, especially if it's not a combined Pro/Am.

From what it seems like is this...

Charlotte has heard what we are saying. I'm not sure what direction the world's committee is going with everything, but I do know that all the topics have been brought up. I think we just have to be patient at this point and cross our fingers that things will be modified.

Looks like Adv Masters has (currently) : Nevin, Sugaw & Kilborne. Never been to Charlotte but looking at the courses on here it could be a lot worse. 2 rounds at Nevin could do some damage! The past two years getting 5 courses different courses was nice and I'd hope to see at least 4 different ones per division. Let the Pro divisions have 3 if that's what they want. Would hope that at the least the Semis are on a different course than one already played twice. It's still early and hopefully this works out to make the majority happy. I like wooded courses and looks like there's an abundance of those, so I'll be there barring something crazy.

Looks like Adv Masters has (currently) : Nevin, Sugaw & Kilborne. Never been to Charlotte but looking at the courses on here it could be a lot worse. 2 rounds at Nevin could do some damage! The past two years getting 5 courses different courses was nice and I'd hope to see at least 4 different ones per division. Let the Pro divisions have 3 if that's what they want. Would hope that at the least the Semis are on a different course than one already played twice. It's still early and hopefully this works out to make the majority happy. I like wooded courses and looks like there's an abundance of those, so I'll be there barring something crazy.

Aye only a few open course around Charlotte, and NC for that matter :D.

Horizons Park in Winston-Salem is pretty open.
Anyways, Richlands is still growing up. It gets tougher every year, except for 1-3. They're just stoooopid.

Ah Horizons :D... The one tourney I was like 30 down and still got 2nd or 3rd in Int :D.

To link this back to worlds discussion, the average hole lengths at the eager beaver and bailey are just like horizons. The pro women are going to tear them up. Our local newer beginner women get lots of aces and shoot well under par.

To link this back to worlds discussion, the average hole lengths at the eager beaver and bailey are just like horizons. The pro women are going to tear them up. Our local newer beginner women get lots of aces and shoot well under par.

At 2010 CAC the FW1 lead card shot: 47,48,48,49

so.... FPO?

breakfast lunch and dinner.

saturday-
granola, fruit, muffins
hot dog bar
barbeque dinner

sunday-
granola, fruit, muffins
chili

+ beer, wine, water, soda

*note to self, attend one of Bill's tourneys, even if it means dressing in drag to compete.*

Latest posts