• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

KCWO the week before, Masters Cup the week after. I wonder how many pros made the choice to head back west after KC in lieu of this event. I'd be willing to bet the number is fairly high.

With, I believe, an A-tier on the weekend between, and on the way west.

The timing of the American Open is one of the very many head-scratchers, though we don't know what constraints they were under. It seems doubtful to me that ESPN3 limited their options, though Cobblestone might have. Or perhaps it was just their non-PDGA, anti-PDGA stance that resulted in the awkward scheduling.

Attending all 3 (KCWO, ADGT, and MC) is quite a bit of travel, but perhaps some players---particularly eastern players, especially those from nearby---will skip one or the other of the PDGA events, replacing it with the ADGT.

Thanks for mentioning it---I hadn't paid close attention, had really just listened to the conversation. "Startled", I think, might be the word, though he took the high ground and held his tongue. (I wonder if he did so after the interview?)

Terry was totally professional as always when on camera.

I think startled is a bit of an understatement.

7511258_orig.gif

It makes sense that Rico would play in the ADGT. Especially given the chance (long shot) that footage ends up on a real ESPN station. He's a small business owner and that could be great exposure.

Plus he will probably place pretty high against that field.

Rico's reaction makes it sound like he really doesn't know ANYTHING about ADGT. He's like yea, I'll be at that...I'm planning to make lots of big events this year. I wonder if he knows anything about the people running this thing.

Thanks for mentioning it---I hadn't paid close attention, had really just listened to the conversation. "Startled", I think, might be the word, though he took the high ground and held his tongue. (I wonder if he did so after the interview?)

I wouldn't exactly call this holding his tongue, especially given the tone of his voice.
Terry said:
You should be running your travel plans past me.

Rico's reaction makes it sound like he really doesn't know ANYTHING about ADGT. He's like yea, I'll be at that...I'm planning to make lots of big events this year. I wonder if he knows anything about the people running this thing.

Maybe Rico thought he was talking about the DGWT?