• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I could honestly give less than half a ****.

Let me tell you what Im doing:
Playing a B-Tier that is truly full with 180 players and a deep waitlist. We are playing 2 of the 3 rounds on a majestic real golf course in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, at 8500 feet.

We dont have free beer, but we do have players parties tonight and tomorrow. We have a free putting contest. We have a fundraising glow round tonight. We have liscensed massage therapists giving free athletic massages. Huge players pack. All you can eat lunch buffet for 12 bucks. Golf carts for players.

My entry fee was 40 bucks.

**** Salient and **** anyone who watches their scam of a ****show.

Playing a B-Tier that is truly full with 180 players and a deep waitlist. We are playing 2 of the 3 rounds on a majestic real golf course in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, at 8500 feet.

We dont have free beer, but we do have players parties tonight and tomorrow. We have a free putting contest. We have a fundraising glow round tonight. We have liscensed massage therapists giving free athletic massages. Huge players pack. All you can eat lunch buffet for 12 bucks. Golf carts for players.

Rock On Andy! :hfive: to you, sir!

Sounds like a a small amount of money well spent :thmbup:! That altitude sounds scary to me, I live at 400' and play bad enough as it is down here :eek: .

I can't believe there is a single thing coming out of this that ESPN can respect, even if they never find the Facebook and DGCR postings. This is an embarrassment to the sport. As someone with no connection to this situation at all: just going to their website, trying to work through their social media presence, and so on... It's just kinda pathetic. They've done an AWFUL job for such a high profile event in our modern entertainment era. They've built an online presence for an early 2000s world, and even then it would have really been considered a juvenile piece of work (I should know, it looks like the stuff I was getting paid $100 for the job to make as a 15 year old in 2000).

Anyone think there's still a chance a top pro gets called out for the use of an illegal disc? Wouldn't that be the absolute ultimate in reality TV Live on-the-air where BOOM someone gets DQ'd on the spot?

I hope the Brand new, never seen before baskets really POP on camera, like ESPN demanded

What if Spin TV releases the Final Back 9 of the lead card at 11:30AM central and they get more views than the ESPN3 'broadcast'? That was an amazing finish...

To wit...
1) they already said they changed their stance and all PDGA approved discs are now legal for ADGT

2) they arent new baskets, they are Salient Liberty baskets. And those baskets suck.

As best I can tell, none of the rules say anything about player conduct or distractions. Nor is there a rule about interference. Which makes me think that it's legal to play defense.

Which, if somebody will do on Live TV---uh, webcast---I'll regret missing it, but I'll buy a copy.

As best I can tell, none of the rules say anything about player conduct or distractions. Nor is there a rule about interference. Which makes me think that it's legal to play defense.

Which, if somebody will do on Live TV---uh, webcast---I'll regret missing it, but I'll buy a copy.

Yeah, but is tackling allowed?

I'm already happy to not be there, but the 7:15 tee time---be there at 6:45 to catch a shuttle, or walk to your hole---would kill me.

To wit...
1) they already said they changed their stance and all PDGA approved discs are now legal for ADGT

2) they arent new baskets, they are Salient Liberty baskets. And those baskets suck.

no no no, i mean the new "gold level" baskets we were promised.

glad to hear they have thawed to the PDGA just a bit.

By my count, that's more asterisks than an ADGT registered players list.

I guess we can assume that you're not giving up all that to spend 2 hours watching 4 players play 6 holes on a golf course?

I don't have a such a good deal, but I'll be sitting on a real course about 45 minutes away. It'll be sunny and 75 degrees, so I don't think I'll stay inside to watch somebody else play.

no no no, i mean the new "gold level" baskets we were promised.

glad to hear they have thawed to the PDGA just a bit.

Those ARE the gold level baskets. Probably won a competition against submissions from Innova, DGA, and everyone else, chosen by an impartial jury to be the baskets of the future of disc golf.

One of the knocks against the Salient baskets is their fragility, but they oughtta make it through this event okay.

I must admit that more than most, I like to rant, and this seems a good enough time to do it for this event.

Over the last several months, I've seen a number of posters comment that we should give this a chance, that it might be good for disc golf. I've been playing for some time, and I've watched players come and go both locally and in the PDGA, and one of the more striking things I've seen is how open players and the organization are. Yes I know, some who don't get exactly what they want from the PDGA argue that they are brutal Nazi dictators, but having worked in academia, business, and business that is pretty much run by government, I've seen few that are as generous with their property, their help, and their desire to make something grow, as the PDGA, it's members, and frankly speaking, the manufacturers.

The state of disc golf today is much in part to the generous efforts in time and money on a lot of people's parts. I've always been amazed at some of the things that Innova and Discraft have done over the years (they get mentioned because they are the oldest and frankly, did the most). Their desire to support non-paying ventures and grow the sport is generosity outside what would be considered good capitalist behavior. The good sense of the PDGA to stay within the dictates of it's members, yes they do, and deliver on their members desires takes savvy and hard work. Most of all, the members, local players who volunteer, clean parks, build and teach, will always amaze me. I say that having coached soccer and watched the I paid, I don't have to do anything mentality of so many players and parents.

As I've watched this little soiree unfold, I've been amazed at how a company can attempt to take advantage of the hard work and generosity of those who've gone before, negating their hard work, and not admitting it or admiring it. In a sport with so many selfless actions, the selfish actions of those involved, successful in this or not, doesn't just annoy me, it somewhat infuriates me. Having benefited from the hard work of so many, and the generosity of so many in the sport, I admit, I find it hard to see anything I like in these guys. Not because of their attitudes, but because of the base of taking advantage of everything that has gone before without wanting to return anything.

My father once told me, America is a great country, but it isn't perfect. It's your job as an American to make it the best it can be. I view disc golf the same way, and not because of what my father told me, but because of what I've seen from so many other players and leaders. Those that went before set a high standard. Now I look at this operation and I can't help but recognize the worst we can be, self serving at the expense of work done by others.

Rant off....

Now I look at this operation and I can't help but recognize the worst we can be, self serving at the expense of work done by others

Welcome to the future of corporatized disc golf - folks keep screaming for growth. This is where it leads (citation=any other "grown" sport).

As I've watched this little soiree unfold, I've been amazed at how a company can attempt to take advantage of the hard work and generosity of those who've gone before, negating their hard work, and not admitting it or admiring it. In a sport with so many selfless actions, the selfish actions of those involved, successful in this or not, doesn't just annoy me, it somewhat infuriates me. Having benefited from the hard work of so many, and the generosity of so many in the sport, I admit, I find it hard to see anything I like in these guys. Not because of their attitudes, but because of the base of taking advantage of everything that has gone before without wanting to return anything.

If they run it at a major loss does it end up being a good deed in retrospect? ;)

Latest posts