• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I think they expected to lose a lot of money on the event. .

I suspect they lost a lot more than they expected.

Eyeballing the entry fees and ADGT memberships, I'd guess they had half of the revenue from those that they anticipated at the beginning.

They probably expected more, bigger national sponsorships than they got, though of course we'll never know.

Bahaha they are pre-emptively blocking ams who played in the event from the ADGT and Salient pages. I really dont know what the end game is here.

As for the Ricky thing,OBs,mandos, islands and OB lies were seemingly altered for him and perhaps other pros. Now take all that with a grain of salt if course...all these reports are coming from disgruntled ams, not pros.

I would love more info on what exactly they did to accommodate Ricky. I didn't hear the other pros complain about this at all.

I read some comments on FB from some of the AM players that the OB was changed after day one. They seem to feel it was to benefit Wysocki.

Bahaha they are pre-emptively blocking ams who played in the event from the ADGT and Salient pages. I really dont know what the end game is here.

Why don't they just delete the pages?

They don't believe in doing business on social media, anyway.

(And I certainly hope they're not reading this and taking my suggestion, for my own entertainment's sake)

No, he just played the layout in advance with Barry and said it was good. Neither had input on the actual design.

Ricky did tell me he had some input on the design beforehand, on a few holes. Not the main designer, but he did give them some feedback.

How much you want to be that the Salient guys are looking on your Ultiworld articles, and thinking, "That's a hatchet job by the Ultimate community, jealous and fearful that we'll pass them in the mainstream"?

How much you want to be that the Salient guys are looking on your Ultiworld articles, and thinking, "That's a hatchet job by the Ultimate community, jealous and fearful that we'll pass them in the mainstream"?

If that's the case, it is what it is. It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know what they could dispute. It was reported fairly.

And I thought the drama would end with the tourney.... o_O

If that's the case, it is what it is. It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know what they could dispute. It was reported fairly.

These are the guys who see everyone else in disc golf trying to keep disc golf out of the mainstream to maintain their power and control.

It would be easier to say you're part of that conspiracy, than to admit that you're right.

If I was Steve Boucher and Dr. Chris Kilgus,I would be having a sit down right now and honestly discussing if they can move forward or not.

I would be discussing on whether Ricky, MJ,Barry and Devan would be willing to give positive, public feedback and whether that would matter. I would be discussing if Salient can survive without the Salient Squad. I would be discussing removing Salient,ADGT and personal social media accounts and if traditional advertising will be enough to bring people back...and whether or not that is even financially doable. Lastly, I would be discussing whether or not it would be in everyone's best interest to just shutter Salient and ADGT quietly and dissapear into the giod night without making any more stupid statements.

Because honestly, they dug their own grave when they said Charlie Goodpasture disnt deserve a refund because of a small pot bust (would they say the same to The Champ?) but they filled the grave in by calling Dana Vicich a "so-so disc golfer." For the owner of a company to be so crass is the end for them,I am not very sorry to say.

I imagine within the next week we will see if they wise up, or if they are true sociopaths.

The truth is that if they'd had a sit down honest discussion up front, this would never have happened. Therefore, I suspect such a conversation is outside their emotional acumen.

If I was Steve Boucher and Dr. Chris Kilgus,I would be having a sit down right now and honestly discussing if they can move forward or not.

I would be discussing on whether Ricky, MJ,Barry and Devan would be willing to give positive, public feedback and whether that would matter. I would be discussing if Salient can survive without the Salient Squad. I would be discussing removing Salient,ADGT and personal social media accounts and if traditional advertising will be enough to bring people back...and whether or not that is even financially doable. Lastly, I would be discussing whether or not it would be in everyone's best interest to just shutter Salient and ADGT quietly and dissapear into the giod night without making any more stupid statements.

Because honestly, they dug their own grave when they said Charlie Goodpasture disnt deserve a refund because of a small pot bust (would they say the same to The Champ?) but they filled the grave in by calling Dana Vicich a "so-so disc golfer." For the owner of a company to be so crass is the end for them,I am not very sorry to say.

I imagine within the next week we will see if they wise up, or if they are true sociopaths.

The truth is that if they'd had a sit down honest discussion up front, this would never have happened. Therefore, I suspect such a conversation is outside their emotional acumen.

I suspect their discussions are in an echo chamber, just their two voices. They seemed to have conjured up this entire venture without bouncing it off anyone else, and thus missed out on an enormous amount of perspective that could have saved them a world of trouble.

it wasn't a complete train wreck/dumpster fire like some expected... There were definitely some positives to come out of it. (along with the negatives).

To then have a melt down after some kind of success is just insane. It kind of reminds me of NFL wife receiver Brandon Marshall, who claimed to have Borderline Personality Disorder... Kinda feel bad actually...

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/

Latest posts