• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

There was a seminar a long time ago that I was lucky enough to take part in that featured the late, great Jonathan Taylor Thomas. He said that the only think stopping you from your goals is yourself. He then went into great detail on the subject. The reason that you aren't successful is because you're lazy or you're fat or you're incompetent or maybe because your family is poor. Rest assured that there is NOTHING you can do to change these things and it's "best to never have lived at all rather than to have lived a silent life of mediocrity."

I'll see if I can find it in a podcast and link it for you guys.

best wishes,

OMG, "I look good, I feel good, I think successful, therefore I will be successful.". I thought that was just a SNL skit?

Horse pucky. Guys say cheap bull like this all the time. And they get rich out of suckers who pay to hear them speak.

BTW - DanJon is correct. You have to work your backside and be smart. Taint magic, but it doesn't fall in your lap cause some guy saw something, well at least not outside the movies it doesn't.

OMG, "I look good, I feel good, I think successful, therefore I will be successful.". I thought that was just a SNL skit?

Horse pucky. Guys say cheap bull like this all the time. And they get rich out of suckers who pay to hear them speak.

Couldn't agree more.

I saw a Salt-Life sticker on a car today and it made me realize how much we take things like electrolytes for granted.

Couldn't agree more.

I saw a Salt-Life sticker on a car today and it made me realize how much we take things like electrolytes for granted.

Everyone, please don't take your electrolytes for granted. Take them out, buy them some flowers and remember, they love you!

JV would you and Terry even work with those guys? It would take a lot of upfront cash, and even then I'd be scared of attaching my name to them.

I couldn't watch, did they use any of my clips?

They did. The footage they used of Mcbeth was yours. Whatever event you filmed where they had to throw left handed and he got an ace. SoCal team championships?

The reason that you aren't successful is because you're lazy or you're fat or you're incompetent or maybe because your family is poor.

There's another reason.

You try to run a business the same way Salient does

Wait, I guess you did mention incompetent.

Andrew Rivers *an* dude, you use "an" when the following word starts with a vowel (e.g., "an ace")

This made me laugh so hard. One of the most perfectly put together retorts I've ever seen.

I could well be wrong but I don;t remember seeing this wording on Friday on the website? http://imgur.com/onYriLg

Edit* The "no entrance fees will be refunded part" or at least not so prominently

You're wrong.

It's been that way since about 5 minutes after Charlie Goodpasture went public with his refund issues. But of course,as Doctor Chris Kilgus has pointed out several times online, clearly Salient is in the right because one time like 6 years ago Charlie was found to have some marijuana on him.

lol at Kilgus calling Dana a "so-so" golfer. One of, if not, the worst ambassadors of the sport going after one of the best ambassadors. And I guarantee Dana would destroy Mr. Pencil Whipper on any course.

If you prepared a ballot, between the Goodpasture activities cited by Dr. K, and a TD not refunding an entry to a player injured in a traffic accident, and put it to a vote in the disc golf community, how do you reckon it would turn out?

If you prepared a ballot, between the Goodpasture activities cited by Dr. K, and a TD not refunding an entry to a player injured in a traffic accident, and put it to a vote in the disc golf community, how do you reckon it would turn out?

Lol...this is a trick question folks....read it carefully

is it too early to speculate on the 2017 ADGT and the second annual American Open? I bet they're counting their money and all the ad revenue from Microsoft and Toss Apparel that it's probably going to be announced soon.

is it too early to speculate on the 2017 ADGT and the second annual American Open? I bet they're counting their money and all the ad revenue from Microsoft and Toss Apparel that it's probably going to be announced soon.

I'm still speculating about the next ADGT event, 11 days from now, for which there is absolutely no information.

I'll be shocked if there's another American Open.

I genuinely hope that this is the nail in the coffin for these people. Judging by their outburst on facebook this one hurt them deep.

I genuinely hope that this is the nail in the coffin for these people. Judging by their outburst on facebook this one hurt them deep.

I'm hoping that the general discouragement does---at least, ADGT-wise.

If you go back to the original announcements, it certainly appears that they expected a huge groundswell of enthusiasm and support. Hence the limited invitations to top pros, and a 45-day period in which those pros could seize their spots. This is why there were 5 spots held for Wednesday's qualifying (the results of which are still a mystery). I suspect they expected to be hailed as heroes. The actual results were much different.

They also unveiled grand plans for other events to sanction (1 did), an amateur handicap system (still a mystery), a large membership (seems the bulk of it is Salient Squad), and other glories.

Of course, we may never know the viewership numbers from ESPN3, but my guess is that those will further deflate their enthusiasm for an encore.

I think they expected to lose a lot of money on the event. What they didnt expect was for the Salient Squad to leave in droves after they were treated like **** at this event. The Salient Squad is the only thing keeping them afloat...they are the only ones buying their products as no retailer will do business with then anymore.

Even if 10 percent of the Squad left...and from what Im getting on Facebook it's more than that...they just lost their revenue stream. Lashing out at well known and generally well liked pros like Avery and Dana seems to be a defense mechanism for them. I do believe they really painted themselves into a corner and as the reports trickle in to show they basically changed every rule and boundary they had to make it the Ricky Wysocki show, I think you will see even Ricky distance himself from these goons.

It's really mystifying how they've handled themselves on social media. There was very limited effort into promoting this event. They only got active when it came to start trolling flaming and deflecting after the event. They've put more effort into starting junk on Facebook after the fact then they ever put into promoting the event in the first place. That is a strange way to do business.

I think they expected to lose a lot of money on the event. What they didnt expect was for the Salient Squad to leave in droves after they were treated like **** at this event. The Salient Squad is the only thing keeping them afloat...they are the only ones buying their products as no retailer will do business with then anymore.

Even if 10 percent of the Squad left...and from what Im getting on Facebook it's more than that...they just lost their revenue stream. Lashing out at well known and generally well liked pros like Avery and Dana seems to be a defense mechanism for them. I do believe they really painted themselves into a corner and as the reports trickle in to show they basically changed every rule and boundary they had to make it the Ricky Wysocki show, I think you will see even Ricky distance himself from these goons.

I would love more info on what exactly they did to accommodate Ricky. I didn't hear the other pros complain about this at all.