• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Replying to my own post:
He has a certain right to say that they're broadcasting on the ESPN family, which has tens of millions of subscribers. Just like Smashboxx can say that they have a potential audience of a few billion people. Neither one is very forthcoming about the true numbers, but you can get around that by using the right terms like "potential viewers".
I never meant to imply that Smashboxx was actually being non-forthcoming. They could claim a potential audience of a few billion people if they wanted to. They don't, because they're cool guys, but they could if they wanted to.

Perhaps it would have been better for me to phrase it as follows:
He has a certain right to say that they're broadcasting on the ESPN family, which has tens of millions of subscribers. Just like Smashboxx (hypothetically) could say that they have a potential audience of a few billion people. Neither one of those statements would be very forthcoming about the true numbers, but you can get around that by using the right terms like "potential viewers".

We've descended into the really trivial here.
I'm sure you understand that no one is saying that this will fail because of one shoddy shirt print. It is just one more thing in the pile of less than professional outputs from the group.

To me the problem is that not a single piece of info in this concept inspires confidence especially when you compare it to the expectations set by the organization itself. Normally you would expect to get more and more info as the time goes on, but here it just seems to crumble away.

I also hate that ADGT is getting so much more attention here than DGWT, which I really hope will work out. (I'm not helping, I know :()

I'm sure you understand that no one is saying that this will fail because of one shoddy shirt print. It is just one more thing in the pile of less than professional outputs from the group.

Oh, I agree. It's just that there are so many big targets to take potshots at, that nit-picking small flaws in the design of the shirt seems very trivial. A crumb in the feeding frenzy.

The fact that they have a shady history, are vague as sh*t about the details of their really expensive "tour", have nothing but shoddy promotional materials full of sponsors dropping out, have a bunch of invited pros that know nothing about it and most of all, are censoring and blocking anyone who wants clarification is as sketchy as you can get. I'm not even going to get into the rules changes in this sham.

The only Pro I know who has even mentioned it on Social Media had the post turn into this exact conversation.

I don't think this is about a handful of haters, I think this is about a steaming pile of ever-changing bullsh*t being thrown at the disc golf community in a clear attempt to cash in.

The owners of Salient shouldn't be upset about their reputation. They have done, and continue to do everything they can to earn it.

http://americandiscgolftour.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/napalm-ADGT-LM.png

last saturday i asked on the adgt-fb-site about the quality of their stamps… 8 minutes later my post was deleted and i got banned. wrote an email why they did this – no answer.
simply ridiculous.

I don't use facebook, or social media, outside of this board. Are there some hardfast guidelines to the social media realm? To me, as an outsider, this statement sounds so utterly ridiculous. How dare someone, who's website is trying to promote something to make money, try to monitor and direct the feedback to favor the objective of the website.

Social media can be great for working out problems. Salient has always hidden from and blamed others.

Amazon ebay hell this site all provide similar comments via feedback and you find the best companies actively responding.

I don't use facebook, or social media, outside of this board. Are there some hardfast guidelines to the social media realm? To me, as an outsider, this statement sounds so utterly ridiculous. How dare someone, who's website is trying to promote something to make money, try to monitor and direct the feedback to favor the objective of the website.

They have every right to censor their facebook page as they see fit, of course. But that doesn't mean the behavior can't be a topic of criticism in and of itself, does it?

I have been a tester for Salient since the beginning, and stand by any product review I have ever posted, but this "tour" is about the most ridiculous stunt I have seen from any manufacturer. I have expressed my thoughts to Chris Kilgus and taken myself off of their test team and removed myself from any Salient related pages on FB. This thing is an absolute joke and I hope it doesn't pull through.

I have been a tester for Salient since the beginning, and stand by any product review I have ever posted, but this "tour" is about the most ridiculous stunt I have seen from any manufacturer. I have expressed my thoughts to Chris Kilgus and taken myself off of their test team and removed myself from any Salient related pages on FB. This thing is an absolute joke and I hope it doesn't pull through.

Would you elaborate on the concerns you expressed to him, and what his response was to those concerns?

Last edited:
Is there even anyone left testing their new products...? Whatever those are in the past months im not sure. Sounds good!

Would you elaborate on the concerns you expressed to him, and what his response
was to those concerns?

I just explained that I disagree with his capitalist approach at side stepping the PDGA and completely disregarding the pioneers of our sport who have spent 40+ years getting it to where it is today. It was a pretty lengthy message that included many thanks for the products he allowed me to test up to this point. I put quite a bit of thought behind it, and my response was this, " thank you for your critique Scott ". That was all.....

I just explained that I disagree with his capitalist approach at side stepping the PDGA and completely disregarding the pioneers of our sport who have spent 40+ years getting it to where it is today. It was a pretty lengthy message that included many thanks for the products he allowed me to test up to this point. I put quite a bit of thought behind it, and my response was this, " thank you for your critique Scott ". That was all.....

Not gonna lie, but I'd call that growth on Kilgus' part. The artist formerly known as Kilgus who frequented these boards was nowhere near that reserved.

Not gonna lie, but I'd call that growth on Kilgus' part. The artist formerly known as Kilgus who frequented these boards was nowhere near that reserved.

I hear ya, just disappointing after having promoted their products for quite some time now. I quit defending their customer service long ago. I am disappointed in such a generic response, but I guess I shouldn't have expected any different.

The first step for ADGT is to get an actual PR guy. And to keep Kilgus out of the public eye.

Still want to know what pros are signing on for this....

Still want to know what pros are signing on for this....

It'll probably be about a month before this starts to gel....if it does. Or longer, if the pros who are interested don't see it as filling quickly.

I mean, if Feldberg did sign on does that mean he's going to skip one of the two NTs that this is sandwiches between, or mayber neither?

I do recall him mentioning he would be cutting down on touring, but he also doesnt live anywhere near either Carolina so I don't know.

Latest posts