• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Feldberg says a lot of things...he went from retirement to playing more tourneys than mcbeth this year. If he signed up for this I doubt he could or would want to not say anything about it

Feldberg says a lot of things...he went from retirement to playing more tourneys than mcbeth this year. If he signed up for this I doubt he could or would want to not say anything about it

Note that the claim was that they have a commit from Feldberg, not that he's signed up.

Note that the claim was that they have a commit from Feldberg, not that he's signed up.

And they're saying they won't publish the list of committed/registered players until after their 45 day sign-up period expires. Baffling behavior considering that what could very well be the best selling point for a tournament with zero history is that other notable players are signed up. How many players invited to this event are highly skeptical about it, and how many of those might be swayed if they see other players they know, respect, and trust have signed up to play?

Instead, every body has to remain more or less in the dark unless they want to take the word of the TD that people are "committing" (which isn't signing up) or they want to poll their fellow players and figure out who's "committed" that way.

Transparency...the biggest thing this whole venture is lacking.

And you have to imagine a lot of the top guys are super competitive...thry dont want to be the ones left behind if another big name is playing.

And also note that there's no mention of a withdrawal/refund policy...

Other than "Player refunds are at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director." from section B of their rules page.

Which is downright scary when being asked to put up $300 six months in advance to get into a tournament for which there are no details on format, payout or anything else that might be of interest to a player.

I like how they took Dana off of the Invited Players List. Talk crap and you dont get invited

Other than "Player refunds are at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director." from section B of their rules page.

Which is downright scary when being asked to put up $300 six months in advance to get into a tournament for which there are no details on format, payout or anything else that might be of interest to a player.

And in their rules refunds are at the discretion of the TD. No thanks

I like how they took Dana off of the Invited Players List. Talk crap and you dont get invited

At least they are consistent with their behavior on all platforms. Speak badly or question them about anything and bam, you are banned and removed from the social media account and tour.

I think this is really the most problematic thing of the whole venture. A 300 dollar gamble is a lot to ask of anyone

I think this is really the most problematic thing of the whole venture. A 300 dollar gamble is a lot to ask of anyone

There is not much of a risk if the player pays with a credit/debit card, they can always request a chargeback as a last resort. Probably a good idea in general to not send a check to register for events.

There is not much of a risk if the player pays with a credit/debit card, they can always request a chargeback as a last resort. Probably a good idea in general to not send a check to register for events.

I think the point is that there is very little information about the event but that they are asking for $300. I wouldn't want to have to hassle with my credit card company if ADGT decides to not have their **** together.

There's still plenty of risk.

Dana is still on the invited players list, right below Max Nichols.

Which brings to mind the very trivial question of, why isn't the invite list alphabetized, or organized in any recognizable way other than separated by gender?

...including course, other than that it will be on a golf course.

I guess this is a question for David, but any other insurance agents fell free to chime in;

Isn't one of the big advantages of having a PDGA-sanctioned event the insurance coverage they provide? I know most city parks require coverage in order to even schedule an event. If ADGT is going their own way, does the golf course they are holding this at cover the players/spectators? What about the next venue(s) once they are determined?

I'd be hesitant to sign up knowing an errant throw might cost me thousands in legal/medical bills.

Last edited:
I guess this is a question for David, but any other insurance agents fell free to chime in;

Isn't one of the big advantages of having a PDGA-sanctioned event the insurance coverage they provide? I know most city parks require coverage in order to even schedule an event. If ADGT is going their own way, does the golf course they are holding this at cover the players/spectators? What about the next venue(s) once they are determined?

I'd be hesitant to sign up knowing an errant throw might cost me thousands in legal/medical bills.

I'm pretty sure the PDGA insurance protects the TD/organizers, and the property owner, but not the players. If your errant throw causes injury, you're on your own. Or relying on your personal insurance.

It's always a question of what someone in a non-sanctioned event is going to do for insurance, or if they're going to do without it. Individual event policies can be purchased, but they're much more expensive.

Yes, it's an advantage of PDGA sanctioning. It's one reason we sanction our team play event, even though players won't get any ratings.

Latest posts