• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

The name of the event makes Americans looks bad.

A tour should consist of more than 1 actual event. Not with a second event that will be like a monthly club outing.

Last edited:
All ESPN broadcasted events/Major ADGT events are mandated to use the minimum size requirements for chain assembly.

Did they just mandate that ALL ESPN events must use their baskets????

I keep thinking it's absolutely impossible for me to hate this sh*t show any more than I do, and then they open their mouths again.

Yes, I'm a hater. 110%

I keep thinking it's absolutely impossible for me to hate this sh*t show any more than I do, and then they open their mouths again.

Yes, I'm a hater. 110%

If it's an ADGT event on ESPN, it must use approved baskets. Right now, there's is the only one approved, but they do offer the option to have other manufacturers baskets approved as long as they meet the correct specs.

Sounds like it, doesn't it? Reads to me as nothing more than a marketing strategy to sell their baskets couched as a mandate from ESPN. I have strong doubts ESPN cares one iota what baskets are used in an event streamed on their platform, but ADGT organizers want to make it appear that they do. So when a prospective host for an ADGT tournament comes calling and wants ESPN to "cover" their tournament, ADGT can make buying 18 baskets a condition of the deal and blame ESPN to deflect accusations of extortion.

If it's an ADGT event on ESPN, it must use approved baskets. Right now, there's is the only one approved, but they do offer the option to have other manufacturers baskets approved as long as they meet the correct specs.

Not true, there's a whole list (that I posted) that are grandfathered in.
Even the Mach X which has more chains than the allowed maximum.

How great for the sport is it going to look when the televised coverage is going to show a lot of putts spit through the baskets because they do not catch well.

I wouldnt be so aure that ESPN didnt have some sort of conditions to be met. Streaming or not, paid or not, I would still want at least some say in whats being put on under my banner. Especially one with name power like ESPN.

I do find it somewhat unrealistic that they would get that hard on actual specs, but again,I dont know. I would think they would care more about color and how it looks during the broadcast.

Won't be an issue until someone besides themselves wants to host one of their majors.

If anyone else ever does.

Probably precludes any existing courses, but presumably they want to go the golf course route, anyway.

I wouldnt be so aure that ESPN didnt have some sort of conditions to be met. Streaming or not, paid or not, I would still want at least some say in whats being put on under my banner. Especially one with name power like ESPN.

I do find it somewhat unrealistic that they would get that hard on actual specs, but again,I dont know. I would think they would care more about color and how it looks during the broadcast.

It's possible, but I'd need to see some notarized statements from ESPN before I'll believe it.

No doubt ESPN has standards for events to be aired on any of their platforms...standards related to the broadcast itself, not the game being played. There's no way they are mandating anything when it comes to game equipment, whether it is discs, targets, or otherwise.

I think, unless I mis read some of the older info they had, is that they are trying to get a basket manufacturer to pay THEM to produce the "gold standard" basket they are requiring for ESPN events. The way I read it is that there is not currently a "gold" basket in existance, but if you want to get involved and have your basket on ESPN give them a call!

I could be wrong, but that was the way I read it

Well one of our new courses, somewhat regretably, has all Salient Liberty baskets.....so look for the Aviary in Colorado Springs to be the next stop on the American Disc Golf Tour.

Well one of our new courses, somewhat regretably, has all Salient Liberty baskets.....so look for the Aviary in Colorado Springs to be the next stop on the American Disc Golf Tour.

We're not talking Liberty baskets here though. I almost can't wait to see this new basket.

"Jeep Renegade donated by Chrysler Group LLC with hole-in-one"

This reads to me like it's not a local dealership.

I'm seeing this coming - remember that thread about making smaller baskets - and the crowd funding effort for the small basket? I guess Salient is taking up the effort. The "requirements" are to use the "minimum" size for chain assembly.

"The ability for a basket to be converted or adapted between tournament rounds is accepted as long as the "convertible target" stays within specs outlined above"

Baskets that convert from standard to "bullseye" sucking in the chain width?

Considering that ESPN has already aired footage of Disc Golf stuff, there is no way that the powers that be there decided that we need to have standards for targets.

It's complete BS on Salient/ADGT's part.

We are still going to see footage turned into ESPN make it on their top ten without using ADGT's made up standards for baskets.

ESPN speaks. (Through Salient)

Live it's a pretty tough bogey. With views later, definitely possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 141
Im sure ESPN, as a huge corporate entity, has vast legal teams looking just for for such misrepresentations. Dont you think they would have stepped in by now if it werent at least partially true?

Thats why I (mostly) believe whatever references ESPN or Chrysler. I have realitives that work for corporate lawyers...they wouldnt let something like this just slide.

ESPN speaks. (Through Salient)

Live it's a pretty tough bogey. With views later, definitely possible.

I wonder how hard 25k views are? I know that most other disc golf broadcasts rarely break more then 2 or 3k views at a time. But that is viewers watching simultaneously, not total unique views. I wonder if anybody has gotten close to that number for other broadcasts? Hard to know without inside intel from smashboxx et al.

Latest posts