• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I LOVE the way your facebook back and forth went about that. ADGT tried to accuse you of misreading their rules (when we all know what it said) and you're just like "nah I didn't, thanks for fixing it anyway"

Yeah, no "Thanks for helping us refine our rules." Oh, well.

Even in Ultimate (where I assume they have taken the 'spirit of the game' theory from), the spirit of the game is to call rules infractions on yourself (on the rules that are already written), not to make up rules, or interpretations of rules, to follow that seem like they make the most sense and might be fair to everyone..

Are there any courtesy violations? Rules about player conduct? Rules about interference, or playing defense? I don't recall, though am too rushed to check right now. I hope not, because I've got some ideas to liven things up on TV.

Are there any courtesy violations? Rules about player conduct? Rules about interference, or playing defense? I don't recall, though am too rushed to check right now. I hope not, because I've got some ideas to liven things up on TV.

Its funny you mention that. Because I was honestly kinda conflicted about the big holes getting fixed. On the one hand, if those holes stayed in place they looked REALLY bad (which is fun from a trainwreck perspective) but on the other hand it also makes disc golf in general look really bad too.

They should just come out and say all pdga rules apply, with the exception of the ones we've made up to make ESPN happy.

Did they ever announce who the TD is going to be?

Did they ever announce who the TD is going to be?

it just HAS to be Boucher, or I guess *maybe* Kilgus. There is zero chance they would turn the reigns over to someone else, even tho finding a great 3rd party TD would actually be a huge boost to their legitimacy.

But to answer your question, no they haven't said, as far as I know.

That, or a retractable dog leash attached to the base of each basket, cut to exactly 50' when fully extended. Rangefinders are great, but only accurate to +/- 3'.

Hey, these guys are supposed to be some Great Satan, stop giving them plausible ideas to aid their cause!

at any given point, a thrower is allowed to declare technical difficulties, at which point he thrower can take as much time as he wants to throw, as long as he provides a countdown

I find it amusing that they blocked me from posting after I wrote "Wouldn't it make sense to use current PDGA rules which are already tested and work and are worded properly"

Last edited:
It would be cool to see all players carry yellow flags like in the NFL, and throw their respective flags for violations. The pdga may want in on that idea, it's gold. :thmbup:

I like how they use 'spirit of the game' to defend gaps in the rules. Well now that wouldn't fall within the spirit of the game. If I can extend my lie to here to get a better shot, and it's going to help me beat you, and there's nothing you can do to call a rule on me, F the spirit of the game, I want to will all the monies!

I know some people's idea of the "spirit of the game", which I won't mention due to site guidelines, but if this tournament is governed under that definition it's going to be really interesting. And fragrant.

Not that I can tell. Although I think the TD and designated officials can pretty much DQ you for anything. So that should discourage shenanigans.

Latest posts