• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

This was just posted on Facebook. Timothy Hogg posted this to another disc golfers page that is on my page

‎Timothy Hogg‎
8 mins ·
What has disc golf lacked for the past decade?," this is the question the American Disc Golf Tour founders asked themselves in early 2014. The answer to that question was quite simple……a group of like minded individuals with progressive thoughts, corporate sponsors, and the DRIVE to bring professional disc golf events to millions of live viewers.

Fast forward 18 months later and the foundation for the American Disc Golf Tour is born. A foundation built on the support of ESPN including exclusive rights with ESPN Networks to broadcast the first live professional disc golf event in May 2016 and into the foreseeable future. The ADGT is not only a tour for the professionals; it also features a branch for the true amateur player. The amateur branch will include a handicap system along with other features making player skill level easier to track between all regions.

Foundation is a word that you will see mentioned over and over as the American Disc Golf Tour expands. We are disc athletes and as professional/amateur athletes we require a solid footing to progress. We will depend on all disc athletes to help support and build the ADGT and in return ADGT will continue its support by providing the structure needed to bring disc golf mainstream with ESPN Networks.

* That's a copy of the text from their website
* Tim is working for Salient now (FYI)
* I've seen it posted to the facebook pages of several of my friends.

For what that's worth, and without criticism. That's the kind of promotion he should be doing. Though, to my taste, the text is and has been a bit arrogant.

I think we're collectively regretting the calls the last few years for needing ESPN ...

Anyway, I think it'll all be over when we get the chance to see:
DGWT Mar 10-12 La Mirada Open
DGWT May 5-7 Konopiště Open
ADGT May 13-16 American Open 2016

And hopefully in the not distant future ESPN can partner with one of the established professional tours.

I guess my worst fear is that ADGT signed some sort of "exclusivity" agreement with ESPN... I bet we have a great chance with our guy on the inside ESPN to get a few more clips shown on Top 10 from these big events.

I'm really getting quite tired of seeing "ESPN Supported" etc. ESPN only cares that the check clears when they put it in the bank. I could buy a time slot on ESPN3 and put on competitive dog washing if I wanted to and had the financial means. ESPN3 3 hour stream doesn't mean jack ****. Put out a good tour, run it well, treat your players well and then we'll talk about how great the tour is. ADGT is putting the cart before the pony here.

I guess my worst fear is that ADGT signed some sort of "exclusivity" agreement with ESPN... I bet we have a great chance with our guy on the inside ESPN to get a few more clips shown on Top 10 from these big events.

I can't see ESPN doing something like that. Even beyond that, there are so many ways to do something like this that I wouldn't think it would matter.

I'm really getting quite tired of seeing "ESPN Supported" etc. ESPN only cares that the check clears when they put it in the bank. I could buy a time slot on ESPN3 and put on competitive dog washing if I wanted to and had the financial means. ESPN3 3 hour stream doesn't mean jack ****. Put out a good tour, run it well, treat your players well and then we'll talk about how great the tour is. ADGT is putting the cart before the pony here.

If I recall correctly, this is exactly what Brian Graham said and why he wasn't worried about this.

Just out of curiosity, what does it take to win the PDWT? Is it speed, cleanliness, least number of bites?

Speed, Handling of dog, Cleanliness and overall appearance and groomatology technique. Yes, I made that word up.

I'm really getting quite tired of seeing "ESPN Supported" etc. ESPN only cares that the check clears when they put it in the bank.
ADGT is putting the cart before the pony here.

But this is a "foundation built on the support of ESPN including exclusive rights with ESPN Networks to broadcast the first live professional disc golf event"

1 - It's not just supported - the whole thing revolves around BEING on ESPN(3)

2 - Either a lie, or very poorly worded message (broadcast the first live professional disc golf event) I've seen many live professional DG events broadcast. This will be a first on ESPN(3)

Wouldn't the AGDT actually be supporting ESPN (3) considering they are just paying for a time slot?

I mean... with some PR spin you could make that sound really fancy.

Speed, Handling of dog, Cleanliness and overall appearance and groomatology technique. Yes, I made that word up.

In 2015, the Section on "Soap, Shampoos and Gels" was revised to include stricter guidelines for bubble viscosity.

I think we're collectively regretting the calls the last few years for needing ESPN ...

Anyway, I think it'll all be over when we get the chance to see:
DGWT Mar 10-12 La Mirada Open
DGWT May 5-7 Konopiště Open
ADGT May 13-16 American Open 2016

And hopefully in the not distant future ESPN can partner with one of the established professional tours.

Um...none of the professional tours are "established" at this point. Now, do the people running the other tours have more experience? Are they using established EVENTS to bolster their tours? Yes.

Dont totally discredit the ADGT. It's not hopeless yet. They still have plenty of time to pull off something excellent. With enough money, anything can happen.

As I mentioned earlier, even failed ventures like the XFL end up having influence on their sport down the line. That could be the case here. They have also been pretty careful to distance the Salient name from the actual tour itself...that shows a degree of self awareness that Kilgus and Co have this far not shown.

Um...none of the professional tours are "established" at this point. Now, do the people running the other tours have more experience? Are they using established EVENTS to bolster their tours? Yes.

Dont totally discredit the ADGT. It's not hopeless yet. They still have plenty of time to pull off something excellent. With enough money, anything can happen.

As I mentioned earlier, even failed ventures like the XFL end up having influence on their sport down the line. That could be the case here. They have also been pretty careful to distance the Salient name from the actual tour itself...that shows a degree of self awareness that Kilgus and Co have this far not shown.

I have zero faith in them and they have done nothing to change my mind. They are a joke.

I have zero faith in them and they have done nothing to change my mind. They are a joke.

They may be shysters and *******s but they did get a great venue and enough money to waste on ESPN3. They also convinced some big names to play their event.

It's not the Three Stooges out there or something. I hate Salient and Chris Kilgus with a passion nearly unrivaled by how he burned me after giving him more than enough chances and money and their continued ripping off if customers...but I wont just dismiss ADGT outright because of that.

Will this tour fail? Of course it will. But this EVENT might turn out really good. Dont just shrug it off.

Latest posts