• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

They have an entire Squad to do free labor for the event, so I doubt that will be an issue at all.

I get the feeling like they have the nuts and bolts of this thing figured out, but forgot the washers and put Loc Tite on a couple bolts that may need to be loosened at some point.

They have an entire Squad to do free labor for the event, so I doubt that will be an issue at all.

I get the feeling like they have the nuts and bolts of this thing figured out, but forgot the washers and put Loc Tite on a couple bolts that may need to be loosened at some point.

Hopefully they didn't use the red loc tite.

Now one of their employees is spamming people's timelines on facebook.

This tour can't get any more of a LOLfest.

He appears to be one of their new PR guys. Its been pointed out about 20 or so posts back. I dont know who all he is posting their mission statement to, but I dont know if it would be considered spam per se.

Thats just the way small companies are using social media nowadays. It certainly doesnt add prestige to this event but its not an event killer either. In fact, I wouldnt even mention this amongst the many, many things that the Salient crew is doing wrong for this event.

They may be shysters and *******s but they did get a great venue and enough money to waste on ESPN3. They also convinced some big names to play their event.

It's not the Three Stooges out there or something. I hate Salient and Chris Kilgus with a passion nearly unrivaled by how he burned me after giving him more than enough chances and money and their continued ripping off if customers...but I wont just dismiss ADGT outright because of that.

Will this tour fail? Of course it will. But this EVENT might turn out really good. Dont just shrug it off.
REALLY sucks that Kilgus is involved in this. Hopefully he doesnt crap the bed, overpromise and underdeliver to anyone, and keeps a decent reputation for disc golf in general with the ESPN networks. I know he paid for the broadcast, but he needs to followup with a decent showing and audience.

Now one of their employees is spamming people's timelines on facebook.

This tour can't get any more of a LOLfest.

What's wrong with that?

I get posts about tournaments and other events all the time....and send them out, to my facebook disc golf "friends" and area clubs, when we're planning a tournament. It's the kind of thing I'd expect any tournament to do, especially one that's not on the PDGA calendar.

Uhm, ESPN?...

Can't tell if serious, but this raises a good point.

There still seems to be some misinformation from their original announcement, that ESPN is somehow partnering with them on this and providing cameras, crew members and other resources.

That is not the case.

The only thing they are providing is an online platform from which to stream the event.

What's wrong with that?

I get posts about tournaments and other events all the time....and send them out, to my facebook disc golf "friends" and area clubs, when we're planning a tournament. It's the kind of thing I'd expect any tournament to do, especially one that's not on the PDGA calendar.

Ya, I got propaganda spammed too by Timm Hogg.

Can't tell if serious, but this raises a good point.

There still seems to be some misinformation from their original announcement, that ESPN is somehow partnering with them on this and providing cameras, crew members and other resources.

That is not the case.

The only thing they are providing is an online platform from which to stream the event.

Perhaps a misunderstanding, but the ADGT guys never claimed ESPN was providing a production crew. From the beginning, they said ESPN had production standards, and the ADGT would have to meet them. They said early on that they would be hiring a production crew to meet those standards. Perhaps the misunderstanding came from the statement that they would need a suitable venue, with power and upload capabilities.

Perhaps a misunderstanding, but the ADGT guys never claimed ESPN was providing a production crew. From the beginning, they said ESPN had production standards, and the ADGT would have to meet them. They said early on that they would be hiring a production crew to meet those standards. Perhaps the misunderstanding came from the statement that they would need a suitable venue, with power and upload capabilities.

I think the misunderstanding is rooted in their heavily pushing the intentionally vague "we're going to be on ESPN networks" thing without fully explaining exactly what that entails (i.e. ESPN3 streaming). That has led to both the mistaken belief that we're all going to be able to turn on our TVs on May 17 and watch the conclusion of a live disc golf tournament on our basic cable subscription and that ESPN themselves will be doing the work to bring it to us (like they do with their live NFL, MLB, NBA, PGA, etc coverage).

In other words, they're preying on most people's ignorance/naivety about how television in general works, and not bothering to do a whole lot to correct any misunderstandings/misinterpretations.

They're up to 19 committed players now so the promoting is working to a degree. And 6 are among some of the top touring MPO players.

Last edited:
I think the misunderstanding is rooted in their heavily pushing the intentionally vague "we're going to be on ESPN networks" thing without fully explaining exactly what that entails (i.e. ESPN3 streaming). That has led to both the mistaken belief that we're all going to be able to turn on our TVs on May 17 and watch the conclusion of a live disc golf tournament on our basic cable subscription and that ESPN themselves will be doing the work to bring it to us (like they do with their live NFL, MLB, NBA, PGA, etc coverage).

In other words, they're preying on most people's ignorance/naivety about how television in general works, and not bothering to do a whole lot to correct any misunderstandings/misinterpretations.

That's probably my biggest gripe with the tour. Typical Salient shadiness and word play.

You missed the joke.

The rules don't say you mark your lie directly below your disc. Sure, PDGA rules do, but PDGA rules don't apply here. Just thought I'd tip them off that they might want to correct this flaw, while they're presumably re-writing their rules.

:doh:

:clap: Exactly.

Hey Scott, what's the payout structure?
......... Scott?

Where'd he go?

Pretty sure he's not going to be posting 5 times a day like we are. Definitely not going to be responding to every gotcha question we can come up with.

Lol! Pretty sure he bailed after two posts.

That said, the payout structure isn't exactly a "gotcha" question. If it's different than the PDGA scale, it should be the FIRST question pros should be asking.

Pretty sure he's not going to be posting 5 times a day like we are. Definitely not going to be responding to every gotcha question we can come up with.

I think it's more like he had no idea the avalanche of gotcha questions we would come up with. After he accidently opened himself up to that one he smartly decided not to post again.

Lol! Pretty sure he bailed after two posts.

That said, the payout structure isn't exactly a "gotcha" question. If it's different than the PDGA scale, it should be the FIRST question pros should be asking.

The fscinating thing about payouts is that any mention of them has been removed from the website. I know for a fact at one point the rule book said something like:

"Payouts will be decided at the sole discretion of the TD"

And now there is no mention of payouts anywhere.