• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

OB! Don't get the option of rethrowing from the previous lie OMG!

What is "shool" (schule, shule)? What is "OB"? What is "hyzer"?

For a broadcast supposedly aimed at breaking the game to a wider audience, the use of inside baseball type terms with no explanation isn't helping anything at all.

Frankly, I'm tired of every single newspaper article written about disc golf having to explain all the rules, all the history, all that boring junk. Just broadcast it like it's a normal event. People who are interested in learning the terms will pick them up with some time.

All I want at this point is the letter's P-D-G-A to be mentioned once on mic (and no, the mics picking up references don't count).

Sorry Dave, this post has you beat because he caught a hilarious spelling mistake.

adgt2.jpg

Barry playing and commentating at the same time is like the goalies being mic'd up during the NHL All-Star game. Pretty fun when it's the All-Star game. Not sure if it's so appropriate for a "professional" event.

They're delaying because they're playing too fast. At the pace they're going, the round will be over with 30 minutes left in the broadcast.

Darnit, I just dropped in to this forum, you guys are making me hope this is replayed somewhere so I can laugh at it, too.

Everyone knows the Sports Illustrated curse, make the cover and crash, maybe Ricky is suffering the ESPN curse, get on ESPN and crash?

I was under the impression that it was. Both Pro and AM coverage on ESPN3.

I seem to remember them saying it.

Who knows if you can find it now since they delete everything.

I would be pretty angry if I was one of the top AM's and didn't get my promised air time on ESPN(3), what with the huge entry fee and no AM Payout.

Especially since I'm sure they were talking it up to their friends back home.

OB! Don't get the option of rethrowing from the previous lie OMG!

Frankly, I'm tired of every single newspaper article written about disc golf having to explain all the rules, all the history, all that boring junk. Just broadcast it like it's a normal event. People who are interested in learning the terms will pick them up with some time.

But if this is to be the stepping stone that takes disc golf to the mainstream, as they've promoted it to be, they have to do this in a way that laypeople can understand. This broadcast shouldn't be aimed at the people who already watch the game.