• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

But if this is to be the stepping stone that takes disc golf to the mainstream, as they've promoted it to be, they have to do this in a way that laypeople can understand. This broadcast shouldn't be aimed at the people who already watch the game.

I'd still object. Is this supposed to be a broadcast to show how awesome disc golf is, or a broadcast to introduce people to golf? It can't really be both, IMO. Try to show professionals playing in a professional setting doing professional things, not teach people the rules and the terminology. (not that they're necessarily doing a good job of either.) But that's just my opinion, agree to disagree at this point.

HURRY UP AND "PAY THE BILLS! It's ONLY 70 minutes into our 120 and there's one hole left!!!"

I'd still object. Is this supposed to be a broadcast to show how awesome disc golf is, or a broadcast to introduce people to golf? It can't really be both, IMO. Try to show professionals playing in a professional setting doing professional things, not teach people the rules and the terminology. (not that they're necessarily doing a good job of either.) But that's just my opinion, agree to disagree at this point.

With all the dead air in this show, doing a few tutorials about the unique terms and language of the game would be a nice time filler. Even if we know what all the words mean, it has to be better than the 8th viewing of an Accuweather ad or watching these guys wander down a fairway.

I can't see what you're seeing, but.....

Cobblestone has 27 holes, of which only 9 are apparently being used for this event. Could you be seeing people on the other 18? Or the holes that were used this morning, but aren't being used for these finals?

They are on other greens/fairways but the last hole I swear ball golfers were putting out on their green while mj was putting out. I'd say they were within 100 yards of each other

They are on other greens/fairways but the last hole I swear ball golfers were putting out on their green while mj was putting out. I'd say they were within 100 yards of each other

Yeah, I saw some people carrying bags and clubs on another fairway for sure. They were in the background of some of the shots on the second to last hole.

"Barry has took an aggressive line over the pond." Cripes, my ten year old does that and I can't get him to stop either.

Crump sounds like he's pleading with the audience to believe that disc golf isn't what they've seen here (spread out and taking up space versus playing holes that overlap or share targets).

And Crump now pimping Owens "hey ladies, he's single" and giving out his Instagram. Jesus.

I love how having a professional production team and a satellite makes showing disc golf hard to do

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

OMG, just saw the Hooters girls first time. I was in the middle of laughing at that when Crump commented on how complex the broadcast was and it was all I could do to keep it from coming out my nose.