• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Aren't they going to show the awards ceremony?

Going to want to present those huge checks live on ESPN.

Either they weren't prepared to do interviews afterward or they just don't care, but would it have hurt to have a desk sort of thing for Crump, Schultz and Ricky for this interview? Ricky sitting with Barry standing over him and Crump with his back to the camera is just a poor set up.

I haven't read the last several pages of the thread today. I got to watch from about 1:20 on. Feeling good for Ricky and MJ.

Even without any DGCR bias, I am definitely underwhelmed with the coverage. Thoughts...

The camera operators were good at following the flight of the disc in the air. Unfortunately, when you zoom in on the disc so tight, you have no idea where it's going as the viewer.

The camera location was generally not the best. The camera was often behind a hill so you couldn't see where the disc was landing. And they didn't show the basket in the same frame as where the discs landed, so you had no idea how far the shots were from the basket.

Hooters girls for the leaderboard... Sigh...

Salient baskets spit throughs... Not good.

I thought that Billy did a nice job with the commentary. He was a little "tame" compared to the other videos that I've seen him commentate on, but definitely presented information in a way for non-disc golfers to be able to understand what was going on. Nice job, Billy. I felt bad for Barry trying to commentate while playing the round. He did the best that he could, but it didn't seem comfortable.

So the coverage wasn't bad, certainly not "game changing", though.

Last edited:
Overall, I feel like this broadcast fits right in with past efforts for live coverage...some good things, some not so good, but clearly limited in what they were able to do. If it weren't for the arrogance and attitude of the organizers in the way they (over) hyped and promoted the event, it really wouldn't stand out at all.

Certainly nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking about the event or the broadcast. Nothing about it is going to launch the sport into the mainstream nor is it really going to do anything to hurt the progression and growth of the game.