• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] An "Anode" in base plastic?

I'm not convinced that the putter firmness makes a big difference on rollaways, I think it's more related to the angle the disc is coming down. I played with a guy who put a lot of hyzer on his putts, every time he hit metal and dropped, it would land on a big angle and often roll. My putts tend to be pretty flat coming in to the basket, when they hit the cage they drop flat and rarely roll away.

Winning. Since I started putting flatter this is my experience.

Makes sense. Come to think about it, I had put the disc on a hyzer line, since I feel I can control a hyzer line better than flat. When I hit, it popped straight up, came down edgewise, and was off to the races. Gonna try to get more practice in approaching 100' out with a flat release, with the plastic I have. Thanks guys.

Why not throw a soft Anode if you like Anodes. I have one soft Anode for approach shot like you described. The only disc I have ever thrown that was more forgiving against roll aways was the DGA Blowfly and those just feel weird to throw.

any of the vibram putters in soft x-link are pretty nice for a layup u don't want to roll away

I throw soft proton Ion's, and have very little issues with roll-aways, I also putt flat and don't run 100+ foot shots unless it is life or death. I've been using MVP for a couple months now and have found that the neutron plastic is a little bouncier (and more likely to end up on edge) then the soft proton, I keep hoping for soft neutron some day though. Once the disc is on its edge and rolling you're kinda stuck no matter how soft the plastic is. The worst roll away I've though was with a blowfly.

How come mvp doesn't make a base plastic??

You'd have to ask them, but I imagine they haven't seen the upside of doing so.

Their two-part construction may be one of the reasons as well - which part do you make a base plastic, and if it's just the core, why bother?

I'll echo what has been said and say that you shouldn't blame the disc. You don't need to give up Anodes, assuming you like them.

It the archer, not the arrow. And more specifically, it the way the archer launches that arrow which determines where and how it will land.

Their two-part construction may be one of the reasons as well - which part do you make a base plastic, and if it's just the core, why bother?

Considering the core comprises all the important grip points, I'd say there's plenty reason to develop it. Their plastic is just as slick in the wet and cold as any other company I've tried. It would also be nice to be able to cycle a mold or two for those that like to do so.

Both parts would be made from base plastic. MVP works with the same plastic throughout the disc. The rim just has a weighting agent added to the same plastic blend.

I feel like base plastic MVP putters would be money. They might even be able to kick Wizards out of my bag .

DGA Reef would be a good "base plastic Anode"

There is no substitute for an Anode.

Sorry but if you want a disc with the defining characteristics of the Anode, you will have to wait for MVP to release a base plastic, if they EVER do.

Best bet is to get a soft proton Anode and use it a LOT till it gets that rough gummy feel.

Sorry but if you want a disc with the defining characteristics of the Anode, you will have to wait for MVP to release a base plastic, if they EVER do.

The Pure does everything the Anode does...and it has three base (and two premium) plastic offerings already available.

The Pure does everything the Anode does...and it has three base (and two premium) plastic offerings already available.

That's an opinion, i have a pure and did not get good overall results, especially off the tee box, the Anode is more versatile than the pure for me.

As a putter only, the Pure performed average for me but i prefer slightly more stable putters, but anything else and i found myself wishing i had the Anode/Ion instead. I can get 50'+ more distance out of the MVP putters and i find them easier to throw hard also.

However, I throw Ions for puts/approaches and the Ion or Anode for some Drives.

There is no substitute for an Anode.

Best bet is to get a soft proton Anode and use it a LOT till it gets that rough gummy feel.

What are these defining characteristics every other disc lacks? Have you thrown a Reef? I didn't say it was the exact same disc. But a base plastic Anode wouldn't be the exact same disc either.

That's an opinion, i have a pure and did not get good overall results, especially off the tee box, the Anode is more versatile than the pure for me.

As a putter only, the Pure performed average for me but i prefer slightly more stable putters, but anything else and i found myself wishing i had the Anode/Ion instead. I can get 50'+ more distance out of the MVP putters and i find them easier to throw hard also.

However, I throw Ions for puts/approaches and the Ion or Anode for some Drives.

An opinion? Look at how often the Pure and Anode are recommended for each other in threads here. It's a very common "opinion".

More versatile? They both are fast and neutral putters. The only real main difference (besides the plastic varieties) is that the Pure is shallower than the Anode which is why I settled on the Pure.

I'd love to see a video of you getting 50' more out of an Anode than a Pure off the tee.

What are these defining characteristics every other disc lacks? Have you thrown a Reef? I didn't say it was the exact same disc. But a base plastic Anode wouldn't be the exact same disc either.

You're talking to a big MVP fan. Take his posts with a grain of salt.