• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anaheim, CA

Sean Johnson

Eagle Member
Title pretty much sums it up. As of this coming Saturday, I'll be in the area for a week. La Miranda is a given, what else would you guys recommend? I'd prefer to stay fairly close - Sky High is the furthest I'd consider driving (and that might be little far).

Congestion (on the course, not on the roads :sick:) also wont be too big of a problem - I'll be playing very early on weekdays.

Huntington has history , and is a fun course. El Dorado is fun but not a real destination . Oak grove, Sylmar, Verdugo Hills, and Chavez ridge are all popular ones in the area that seem to be quality courses.

FYI - Sky High is closed for the season as of 10/7. Whittier Narrows is fairly close, but it isn't terribly exciting. I would say La Mirada, Sylmar and Oak Grove are your best bets based on your restrictions, though I highly recommend you try to make it up to Coyote Point.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - keep 'em coming! Coyote Point is probably out of the question due to the drive time, unless I get a totally free day to myself (not likely).

To me it sounds like the best 3 options are Oak Grove , Sylmar, and Huntington beach.

Oak grove is the first in the world and i've heard is a technical course
Huntington is the second in the world and is a very fun course with a strong local scene
And Sylmar i've heard has some really memorable holes.

Goat hill might be worth the drive and Chavez has a fun course. Verdugo has a night option. Prado isn't that far and is also good.

Yuciapa Regional park is about as far as Sky High and one of my top 5 in the area along with Oak Grove, Verdugo, Sylmar, and Chavez Ridge.

If you are available any time during the week you should come out to any of the courses near me, Sylmar, Verdugo, Oak Grove, or Chavez and we can meet up. I like playing in the early morning's during the week and I work in the afternoons. I'm actually off Tuesday and Wednesday and I might be doing some stuff with Steve from Legacy discs and maybe we can run a game with them afterwards. Let me know.

hell yeah, i'd be down. how early ya talking? cause I can literally do sunrise if you want

Latest posts