• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Anvil

Keith H

Eagle Member
Has anyone seen much info about or gotten their hands on the new Westside Anvil?

Looks like it would fill a slot nicely in their line up 4 2 0 4

I'm wondering if it flies true to the numbers.

I'm also anxious to see if it matches their other midranges in size, shape and rim configurations.

I know we are still a bit early, but i figured i would fish for any info out there.

Seems pretty similar to a Gator, or their own Harp.

That is part of what i am wondering.

Is it really only a speed 4 approach like the Harp or is it a bit faster into Mid Range.

Even Westside has the Harp listed amongst the putters, but the Anvil is being talked about as a mid range.

Also is it a true 4 LSF?

So, they made a Justice? Maybe?

I'd try one if it's more OS and sleeker than a Harp.

If not...I have many Harps.

I was under the impression that it's going to be a beadless justice. Maybe not literally that, but that kind of disc.

I've thrown one, it is very very overstable. I haven't thrown a drone, but I've heard that's what they're aiming for. It's super flat, speedwise it's probably between a mid and putter.

Sounds like a Zone, more specifically a puddle top ESP. Beefy.

Cool beans.

A Justice is quite frankly completely useless to me. I wish at some point in that guy's long video he would've gave us a decent look at the profile but in the split second he inadvertently did it looked more Harp shaped than Justice shaped. I wonder if it's like a wider, Mid-shaped Harp.

A Justice is quite frankly completely useless to me. I wish at some point in that guy's long video he would've gave us a decent look at the profile but in the split second he inadvertently did it looked more Harp shaped than Justice shaped. I wonder if it's like a wider, Mid-shaped Harp.

Like what the Rat is to the AviarX3?

I don't need Justice-ish beef. Only time I want to see that much beef is at Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers.

Hoping for a beadless Justice

I don't have a big arm, but I use the Justice all the time on several key holes on local courses (specifically, the huge doglegs, either left (BH) or right (FH). I love what the Justice does, but as the Anvil is beadless, I'm hoping it is everything the Justice is + a good feel in the hand. I think everyone needs a Justice, how else to make almost 90 degree turns on a dime?

I don't have a big arm, but I use the Justice all the time on several key holes on local courses (specifically, the huge doglegs, either left (BH) or right (FH). I love what the Justice does, but as the Anvil is beadless, I'm hoping it is everything the Justice is + a good feel in the hand. I think everyone needs a Justice, how else to make almost 90 degree turns on a dime?

FB skip shot?

I just received my Anvil in tournament plastic.

Flat top, high shoulders, beadless, smaller diameter than a Pine.

It does not share the Pine, Warship, Tursas, Bard, rounded top & shoulder look.

Very similar in look and feel to my DGA Quake, except the smaller diameter.

Different than the Harp as well, the profile is not as deep. Looks more mId-ish, whereas the Harp looks more approach-ish

I won't be able to throw it until tomorrow.

I wonder if this could maybe be a mortar killer - I really like the Recon 1.5 run but I'm a little antsy about not having any backups. I specifically like that it's unbeaded and small diameter. Also keeping an eye out for the Caiman.

Sorry, I have not figured the process to add pics yet. Perhaps someone else will jump in with a profile pic.

Some of these look damn fine. Excited for this mold.

IMG_20180524_194522.jpg

Guy at leagues had one of these. He was throwing them for like 250-275' on forehand lines by intentionally forcing it over and letting the stability pull it back. Definitely seemed like a beefy disc considering how much angle and snap he was putting on it without turning it over, but it glided for a lot longer than any Justice I've seen so I'd agree that it's just a step down from that.

Latest posts