• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Any Mako fans?

UFO51

Bogey Member
Its a disc I wanna like because the feel of it, but just haven't been able to utilize it on the course. Bought it when I was just starting because of all the claims about it finishing straight, then realized I had already played enough to kinda rely on some fade. Seems totally useless if there is any wind, my main complaint. Just wondering if anybody loves their Mako and why, possibly persuading me to hang onto it for certain shots.

I have played around with a couple different makos and now keep an echo star mako in the bag. It is more stable then the other makos I have tried.

Mako/Lycan

I love my mako, but I really only use it for a predictable anhy-line.

If you like the feel of the mako, but want something a bit more stable try the lycan. It is almost exactly the same as the mako, but it's more stable counterpart. It's my new go to mid-range.

I think the great thing about the Mako is how it feels in the hand. The only reason that I used them for the longest time. Very easy to throw as well. I'd like to try out a Lycan to see how I like it.

The Mako is a sweet disc. I use it all the time. It's super straight and has a predictable finish. It's my approach disc of choice.

The Mako is a sweet disc. I use it all the time. It's super straight and has a predictable finish. It's my approach disc of choice.

what weight and plastic is your mako? do you throw it in the wind as well?

The mako is great if you have a lot of trees in your way but still need to get some distance after you clear them. When driving with it, I have to hyzer flip or it turns over pretty much every time though.

what weight and plastic is your mako? do you throw it in the wind as well?

I throw heavy molds and all first run. However the FR does not vary from the RR.

It's also a great putt jump disc.

Throwing into the wind is tricky. How fast the wind is going is key. If it's crazy, no I don't use it in a head wind but would a cross or tail.

You just need to remember it's a finesse disc and does not need a power throw. For the folks turning it over on accident are throwing it too hard for approach anyways.

But like others side, if you let it go on a anny, it will hold it. The same goes with a slight hyzer but it always finishes straight. I sometimes even release it with a hyzer.

It's the Indian not the arrow.

Love the FR's and stockpiled a couple boxes. Very versatile and a great complement to le roc

i was a huge fan of the star Mako, kinda out grew it. i do still love to bring it out when i go to some shorter courses, i have a putt& approach 9 holes right by my house, so i bring it out then. i also like to use it when practice throwing, helps me keep a smooth throw. I do feel like it will end back up in my bag when I get older and my arm tires out. Underated disc in my opinion.

Last edited:
Love the FR's and stockpiled a couple boxes. Very versatile and a great complement to le roc

You have a couple of boxes of FR? You are an addict. But the good kind. Share the wealth.

Absolutely, she's probably my favorite companion in the game so far. That's part of why I play my Bounty Hunter so much.

I throw the mako, IMO you have to get 180 stars, those are the best. The max weights hold their line to the ground better, especially on annys. I haven't thrown a better disc for working huge annys, it just holds the line all the way. They're good for slight hyper flips and placement shots as well.

I'd find it hard to not have a mako in my bag, it does so much. I've thrown the Lycan, it's to domey for my lykin. Doesn't hold annys as well, if you want something similar but with more stability and fade get a CMD2. You won't regret it.

I used to like them. Found I was always way past the basket becuase of the glide. Gave all mine to Roc1time.

I've recently been trying one out in place of a flippy Roc. Had some good shots, but had some less good ones. It's a brand new 1st run 180g, so I'm still working on it.

i use my mako for like 100 foot plus jump putts, either it goes in or stops like 10 feet from the basket, also i use it for flick and backhand approach shots where i needa throw over a tree and have it flatten out then fade

I have one and go back and forth with it. Sometimes I throw it well, other times not so much. I liked the tip about it being more of a finesse disc so I will try a softer motion next time I play. Overall, I do like the disc.

Latest posts