• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Any Mako fans?

I like the Mako3, they will reward good form with crazy long lazer beams. I was getting mine out to about 310' before they started to show a little turn, but others will swear that they are flippy. Champ is my favorite, but it is hard to grip in cold weather. You can also get XT Makos on the innova pro shop if you really like the dome. I believe Grip is right about the MD as well.

As part of my recent run of testing Innova discs (I used to throw all Lat64/DD) I've given the Mako3 a test.
180g Champ (nice and flat).
173g Star (also flat)

The Champ is a workhorse type mid. Straight. Gently hyzers. Easy turnovers.
The Star being lighter is a bit more situational in that it is less HSS. But pairs well with the Champ.

I've put the Mako3 in place of Warrant / Fuse. I don't think this was a similar comparison. The Warrant and Fuse are noticeable less HSS than the Mako3 but similar lines can be hit and uses made.

The Mako3 does feel good in the hand being flat (which makes them not too dissimilar feeling from my Truths but different flights and uses obviously). The Mako3 is capable of some reasonably long flight.

Good disc

Latest posts