• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Progress

Tcedotal

I felt as if I had been making progress but after watching these videos today I'm not so sure.Thoughts and critique's

Last edited:
Not really. You are too open on the plant and not getting your shoulder/arm loaded back into the core. You swing your arm/disc over top the shoulder plane before your weight transfers forward, keep the plane of disc level to your shoulder plane. Shift your weight from behind you into a closed stance and get balanced on the front leg before you really swing the arm forward. Same advice and videos from thread before applies.

Any advice on trying to keep everything closed. I'm mentally trying to keep it closed but it seems to me(correct me if I'm wrong) that I keep pretty closed until my plant step but I open it then. And what do you mean shoulder/arm loaded back into the core? Thank you for your help.

Yes you open your foot up right before you plant. Go back to the best downswing weigh shift vid in your other thread. Shift your weight from behind you.

You can turn your shoulder and core back so much further. You aren't really loading the shoulder at all because it's coming over top your spine/core. Just stand in an athletic position and turn(don't lean back) your shoulder back as far as possible into the rear foot/leg. Turn under your spine toward the ground, into your core.