• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any tips on throwing flick

lexxerd

Bogey Member
I am left handed and I find it most comfortable to drive LHFH. I can drive my furthest this way and have alot more control then back hand. The only problem that I am having is inconsistent throws where I either throw to high up and the disk catches wind and crashes way left or I lob the disk right into the ground. What can I do to consistently throw flat and in the middle.

Focus on keeping your hand flat through the throw. Think of a cup of water on top of the disc that you want to keep from tipping over.

To high can come from dropping your throwing shoulder down as you throw.

My thoughts, bag the driver for now and work on flicking a putter (something stable/slightly OS....not a Zone or Pig). Focus on a consistent straight flat throws.

Reason being (among a few others) is that a driver/faster disc will be more sensitive to the nose angle. Additionally you will have to throw a driver faster anyways to get it to behave as it should, something that will make figuring out nose angles harder to tune-in.

Focus on follow through after you release, that can help with wormburners.

Thanks Geek13, Discgolfallday, & Romans 5-8! These tips are very helpful. I will give these all a try today as I practice.

Latest posts