• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody done this to a Zuca Cart?

Depends on how heavy the cart is.....reducing weight is the only reason to go through the hassle.

The carts not heavy. wheels/aluminum plate and disc rack were minimal additions weight wise. Hope to take it out this weekend for a round and see how it does. Thanks everybody. :thmbup:

Ive built a few stroller and pull golf carts for myself and some friends. I finally got my hands on a $20 zuca cart. Luckily I had most of the parts at home or work. I will build a cpvc rack for the inside based on a set of plans available on YouTube for a zuca modification.

I have some ideas to change the handle but I will wait for the test run this weekend. The tires are just a cheap set from harbor freight that cost $5 each with a coupon

Attachments

• IMG_20171206_1629394.jpg
    IMG_20171206_1629394.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20171206_1643283.jpg
    IMG_20171206_1643283.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_20171206_1629001.jpg
    IMG_20171206_1629001.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 347
Larger wheels and the disc tray you get with the disc golf cart?? Seems like it would work to me?? Could even get crafty and wrap it in a fabric or nylon material of your choice??

had a guy at a local C tier tournament last weekend use that other type of ZUCA roll bag...it did ok and made it the whole course but it was struggling through the leaves and rocks....the wheels are def not made for outdoor use. But the inside carried enough adn looked to be good quality...just change the tires some how.

Larger wheels and the disc tray you get with the disc golf cart?? Seems like it would work to me?? Could even get crafty and wrap it in a fabric or nylon material of your choice??

This was a regular Zuca from a school kid. I took off the skate wheels and added the 10 inch wheels. I know that they are 2 inches smaller than the DGZuca wheels but I lowered the axle which raised the cart 4 inches higher, so hopefully the 10 inch tires will work ok.

I do have the Zuca bag that comes with the school cart, so it is the same dimensions as the DGZuca bag, of course but its designed for school not disc golf. I will build the cpvc rack this weekend and post some new pics.

had a guy at a local C tier tournament last weekend use that other type of ZUCA roll bag...it did ok and made it the whole course but it was struggling through the leaves and rocks....the wheels are def not made for outdoor use. But the inside carried enough adn looked to be good quality...just change the tires some how.

The other Zuca bag for school or skaters is the same dimensions as the DGZuca cart, that's whys its odd that more people havent modified these themselves.

So I tested the diy zuca this weekend. On Saturday I played at Morley field and had a few issues with the wheel bolts and the front board broke. I fixed the bolt issue by using nylock nuts and replaced the front board with mahogany and with the grain running up and down instead of horizontal.

I could not find cpvc pipe around but I was able to place 16 discs inside the bag and another 6 on the outside panels. I did add 2 pieces of foam to keep the discs from shifting around.

With the minor fixes. Sundays 2nd test run was great. I played 27 holes at Mast park and I didn't have any wheel issues or issues with the front board or discs shifting. I think the only thing I will do with the cart going forward is fix the mesh on the side of the zuca bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20171209_1249379.jpg
    IMG_20171209_1249379.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20171211_1610123.jpg
    IMG_20171211_1610123.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20171211_1610255.jpg
    IMG_20171211_1610255.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 271
I used a piece of scrap aluminum diamond plate that I had in the shop. I formed it to wrap around the front and go up the sides which gave me solid support. Great low-cost cart. The handle isn't optimal but it's functional. That's all I would change right now on mine. Good work!...............................jb

I've got about 5 good days of work out of my modded Zuca cart and love it! No issues at all (except the lack of a water bottle holder). I'm working on that.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but rather do this than start a new one.
Im in the middle of this conversion. Does a disc rack for an at cart fit and allow you to stack 2 levels of discs?

Don't have a disc rack for an AT cart with mine. I built a rack but the second level was very tight. With some redesigns and tweaking I am sure it would fit fine though.

I just picked up a sport model today. Whopping 30 bucks! I have couple ideas for the original handle. I want to use a full width axle on mine and don't really want to redesign the handle. If the ideas pan out I'll post some pics of what I do if anyone is interested

Tried to upload pics of what I did, but I wasn't able to. So if anyone wants to see my handle mod I made an album on my page with a few pictures in it. But the basics are that I moved the handle assembly to the backside of the cart. Which allows me the room to have a full width axle for the new wheels when I get around to it

Last edited:
Tried to upload pics of what I did, but I wasn't able to. So if anyone wants to see my handle mod I made an album on my page with a few pictures in it. But the basics are that I moved the handle assembly to the backside of the cart. Which allows me the room to have a full width axle for the new wheels when I get around to it

looked at your mod. the one problem is see with your change, you now run the risk of denting the frame of the handle and risk your handle not going down all the way. If you take a look at the pictures of my axle modification (a page or two back) and additional sheet metal to protect the handle frame.

Latest posts