• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anybody out there throw strictly gateway, or anything other than putters

So update on many proposed bag:

Putters:
2x black magics in soft

Approach putters:
1x sss wizard (old putter)
1x sss voodoo

Mids (white):

1x s-element (beaten into turn over or finesse)
1x e- element (found a super gummy star like plastic)
1x e-element max weight (utility disc)
1x Scout (trial disc)

Fairway Drivers:
2x sabre one old flat top, one new mold
1x apache

Distance:
3x assassins when I receive more (various wears)
1x Diablo dt for the forehand.

Most of those molds are just returning to what I started with, the magics and scout are on trial.

Though there aren't many Gateway discs in my signature, I do carry quite a few with me, they're just not my primary go-to discs any more. Being from STL originally, I like having their discs with me just to represent the home town. There was even a time when I had an all Gateway bag.

Back then I believe it was Samurai, Speed Demon, Sabre, Element, Demon, Voodoo, Wizard. Though it was mostly Sabre, Element, Wizard on every hole.

Gateway disc

I threw a lot of gateway and have some mids and fairways left over. I really liked the karma and warrior also the demon is awesome in the overstable spot. The sabre is kinda understable and the assassin I have is pretty straight when thrown right. I would be able to come off of some of them if the price is right.

The only non putter I have, is a samurai, it came in a large stack of putters as a bonus.
its too fast for my noodle arm, but I hope to use it someday.

The only non putter I have, is a samurai, it came in a large stack of putters as a bonus.
its too fast for my noodle arm, but I hope to use it someday.

Ditto, but the one I have is also max weight. I am going to try and beat in a light s-series and see what I can do with that. I have one around I use in a high head wind,

Good news for the Assassin lovers out there. GDS is getting the mold recreated and will hopefully be running them again. I can't wait :D

Now they need to recreate the original Inferno mold and I will be a real happy camper.

I keep trying to talk myself into buying an Illusion for rollers. I have some friends that swear by them.

Good news for the Assassin lovers out there. GDS is getting the mold recreated and will hopefully be running them again. I can't wait :D

Now they need to recreate the original Inferno mold and I will be a real happy camper.

the Assassin was my favorite driver mold they ever produced. Easy, easy distance. I was a big fan of the Sabre too, but I got too picky about the plastic blends that I liked to keep them in the bag for long.

I feel ya on the Sabres. Nothing beats a milky white sabre from circa 2005/2006.

And yes, the Assassin was such easy distance for a narrower rimmed disc. The Inferno was kind of like that too, only it had a slight bit more stability.

Simply because I like to assemble all around bags from each company. And living in StL I figured I should give gateway its fair shot.

I do the same thing. My gateway bag is wizard, element, warrior, assassin, apache, illusion.

The illusion is way too fast for me and I only find it useful to me as a meet hook and a very strong headwind driver, in which case I am usually throwing spike hyzers with it.

The assassin and element aren't quite flippy enough for me. I wish they offered them in eraser plastic. All the sure grip plastic discs I have seem to be as hard as dinner plates.

Last edited:
I've been using a max weight demon lately and loving it. Very similar to a roc but just a tad more stable. Since I have a weaker arm it's a lot easier to control for me and I've been getting some great lines with it. Don't know if I'll ever love it more than a buzzz but it is my go to overstable mid.

If I was to pick up an Apache or Illusion and be able to throw them well then I could do a whole course with just Gateway. I am starting to come around on their midways and drivers now.

I often bag an hpp mystic, hpp Karma, and evolution dt-blast. The mystic is Soooooooo easy to throw big turnovers with, really fun but a bit unpredictable. It still has some lss, so it will often fight out if given enough air. Awesome to watch it nail a tight hole hole on my local course that runs straight for 80' and then swings right for another 140.

The karma is smooth, it actually kicked my buzzzes out for the last 6 months or so.

Blast is a great forehand disc, it trades in and out of the bag with my super beat flick.

All 3 are board flat, so are the backups. Anyone out there throw the mystic? I would love to hear from someone that's tamed that crazy disc. It has a ton of potential!!

I often bag an hpp mystic, hpp Karma, and evolution dt-blast. The mystic is Soooooooo easy to throw big turnovers with, really fun but a bit unpredictable. It still has some lss, so it will often fight out if given enough air. Awesome to watch it nail a tight hole hole on my local course that runs straight for 80' and then swings right for another 140.

The karma is smooth, it actually kicked my buzzzes out for the last 6 months or so.

Blast is a great forehand disc, it trades in and out of the bag with my super beat flick.

All 3 are board flat, so are the backups. Anyone out there throw the mystic? I would love to hear from someone that's tamed that crazy disc. It has a ton of potential!!

Yeah I recently started using it, got one sent with the 4 discs included in the holiday bag order (actually got sent an extra Illusion so it was 5 thanks again Gateway) and it flies great. It's kicked Comets out of my bag, I can get the same shots with this, but in a disc that is flatter, beadless, and easy to grip and release like say a Coyote or Mako rim, just shallower. While the main course I play around here is a meadow/fairway type course, most of the other courses around here are wooded and technical and this thing does so well on them, will hold any line you put on it right out of the box, thinking of getting an HPP one soon, though this S has held up well so far for economy plastic.