• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else addicted to Tie-Dye?

HATE Tie-dye discs. Only thing worse is a plain black disc, imo. Those are near invisible.

Bought a 'rasta' dyed champ 12x T-bird a long time ago. Figured i'd lose it. It's still my go to driver. Mostly green with a bit of red and yellow spun out from the middle and it can hide on a mowed lawn 10 feet away. Somehow I always manage to find it. Wouldn't even consider buying another one..... But I did. Another T-bird. White/clear with a red evil looking eye dyed on it. Didn't fly like the other and became the only wall hanger I have. Nowadays, I stick to DX that I can easily replace, for the tricky shots.

If I want anything with dye nowadays, I stick to stencil stuff that costs $$ but looks cool. The yellow 'dancing bear' Servo for instance....

The only people advocating Tie Dye in this thread are the disc dyers themselves. Go figure. They should be banned from sanctioned play.

Pfft. Many of my discs have some sort of tie dye and I have played tournaments for over 2 seasons and have yet to lose one.

HATE Tie-dye discs. Only thing worse is a plain black disc, imo. Those are near invisible.

HA! Oh god. That's too funny. I found two black discs last year. Both laying in the middle of open areas. One right beside the next hole's teepad (#2 tee and #1 basket are only about 50' apart) Black MVP Tesla next to the teepad and black bottom stamped Boss in an open fairway... Black is a baaaaaad idea. :D

Only found one other lost disc all year. Two outta three found were black. That'll teach 'em!

However, I do putt with black. But that's a horse of a different color. ;)

However, I do putt with black. But that's a horse of a different color. ;)

Very true. I can't see red discs (real red, not pink) discs. I've literally walked over my Echostar Tern a couple of times without seeing it, which is why I don't use that Tern despite it's awesome flight.

So I don't use red discs for distance, but I do use red in-the-circle putters (as well as black putters).

I carry a couple, but they were PIAS finds. I've never had a problem spotting my PFN Star Teebird, but that has a nice white-ish background. Pops out nicely. The other can be a bit more difficult.

Moral of story: Throw it in the fairway.

Moral of story: Throw it in the fairway.

True dat. Also, as has been said in other threads: watch your disc. Sure, MJ can toss it and turn his back, because he's awesome. But if you're not MJ, then watch your disc or you'll lose it when you're not expecting to.

True dat. Also, as has been said in other threads: watch your disc. Sure, MJ can toss it and turn his back, because he's awesome. But if you're not MJ, then watch your disc or you'll lose it when you're not expecting to.

This has got to be my biggest pet peeve.

You're looking for your drive? Oh, you mean the one that is 150' shorter than where u are looking because you hit a tree after you turned around?

The shirts? I like. For discs though? No, not unless it's a disc I hate and I need an excuse to lose it.

Latest posts