• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone like the Warlock?

What's the most KC Pro-like Warlock?

The PW's?
I found white Firm's to be very KC-like. They have the same slick grippiness, whereas PW's are more powdery/ chalky. Similar stiffness.
Most of my Warlocks are older but I have one recent Firm which oddly is also white; I'd second that on being closer to the feel of KC Pro than PW.

PW isn't all that consistent (Gasp! Inconsistent Gateway plastic? Say it isn't so!) from what I've seen and I've been fairly underwhelmed with the PW discs I have. I'm a pretty big fan of regular 'ol Sure Grip.

I was throwing an Eraser Warlock earlier this year that was giving me fits; I swapped it for a Sure Grip and my problems went away. Weird but OK. Something made me look at the Eraser one today; damn thing is warped. :\ Looking some more, all of the Warlocks I've got with that great big circle tooling that I've thrown are warped. None of the older ones with the PDGA Approved tooling are warped. Some of them are clovered, but not warped. Weird.

Here's the whole gang, first pic is throwers which is a mix of Diamond, Soft, Firm, and Glow.
Second pic are all Super Soft strictly for putting. Oldest ones from the bottom row are from 2012ish.
13a4f1844696f0445bcfae17ea7b34b4.jpg

6155cef92203d2e0b91266c5d14039bc.jpg

What's the scoop on Diamond warlocks? Thinking of grabbing one to complement an SS/SSS thrower from my backup stack to replace the p2 + nova combo I've been using (broke a couple of novas so am low on replacements, have a perfectly good stack of warlocks).

Strictly a Wizard/Voodoo thrower but have been wanting to try the Warlock for a hot minute.

What's the scoop on Diamond warlocks? Thinking of grabbing one to complement an SS/SSS thrower from my backup stack to replace the p2 + nova combo I've been using (broke a couple of novas so am low on replacements, have a perfectly good stack of warlocks).

Here's the whole gang, first pic is throwers which is a mix of Diamond, Soft, Firm, and Glow.
Second pic are all Super Soft strictly for putting. Oldest ones from the bottom row are from 2012ish.
13a4f1844696f0445bcfae17ea7b34b4.jpg

6155cef92203d2e0b91266c5d14039bc.jpg
Quoting kevdiv48 to get his attention, I think he has a Diamond Warlock in that top picture.

I don't throw premium plastic putters so I have no idea how the Diamond Warlock flies.

Quoting kevdiv48 to get his attention, I think he has a Diamond Warlock in that top picture.

I don't throw premium plastic putters so I have no idea how the Diamond Warlock flies.

Yes, I've had the blue Diamond since April of this year and it is a love/hate relationship.
From my sample size of one it is by far the most overstable Warlock I have ever thrown. Noticeably higher HSS and LSS than a standard Soft/ Firm Warlock which is my benchmark for beefy Warlocks. But once I adjust and up the power and give more of a flat to anny release then it performs great as a straight to fade short range driver. If I release like my beat in ones I get punished with a dumpy flight.
Plastic blend feels good, it is a bit slick but has just the right amount of flex. Hoping for it to continue to wear to get to a CryZtal- like feel.
Overall I would recommend as a beefy bookend for a Warlock lineup.

Yes, I've had the blue Diamond since April of this year and it is a love/hate relationship.
From my sample size of one it is by far the most overstable Warlock I have ever thrown. Noticeably higher HSS and LSS than a standard Soft/ Firm Warlock which is my benchmark for beefy Warlocks. But once I adjust and up the power and give more of a flat to anny release then it performs great as a straight to fade short range driver. If I release like my beat in ones I get punished with a dumpy flight.
Plastic blend feels good, it is a bit slick but has just the right amount of flex. Hoping for it to continue to wear to get to a CryZtal- like feel.
Overall I would recommend as a beefy bookend for a Warlock lineup.

Thanks! This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like it should pair nicely with my SS & Glow throwers.

Just for fun:

Putters:

picture.php

The red one is the only actual putting Warlock I use. The blue one I got from kevdiv48 as a backup so it rides around in the cart but I never use it. The Eraser Warlock in the middle is really stiff, so it's got the same feel as the red and blue one in the hand. The black Organic Warlock is slick as snot and I'm unsure what exactly it's good for. The orange one on the right I also got from
kevdiv48, It's beat to snot and would be a driver if I was using it, but it's in the practice basket with the Eraser and Organic so I guess they all three get to be putters? The Eraser on the bottom right is in the putter pocket of the travel bag, which hasn't been used for a year and a half...THANKS, COVID! :mad:

Drivers:

picture.php

The top left one is a glow first run. It was the only Warlock I had for a long time and it's the only Warlock I have that is clovered. The white one below that and the orange one next to it are from that "they said they weren't making the Medium Sure Grip so this stamp says Soft and they wrote "soft" on the bottom but this sure feels like Medium" period. Those are the throwers that are in my cart. The two with the small blue stamps are Pure Whites, they are OK so they are in the travel bag along with the disc at the top right. That one is a recent Firm so I threw it a bit when I got it just to check out the plastic.

I think that's it. I'm just not burning though these things. I've got seven or eight more sitting around that have never been thrown, but basically I've only thrown 10 Warlocks. For as many times as I throw them in a round, you would think there would have been more.

I guess I'll ask, has anyone run across an E Warlock that has just a regular Sure Grip stamp on it? I've got a Warlock with the old supersoft stamp that is clearly the E plastic; it has oils leeching out of it so it's not sure grip. I don't remember anything about it so I'm not sure where it came from. I wouldn't have picked up a supersoft if I thought it was actually supersoft. :gross:

Local pickup from a used bin for $6. It's an SSS which is a little flexy for my taste. It is great feeling plastic so may be my flippy thrower or warmup catch disc.
Also dig the old DD/ Gateway stamp from before DD started making their own discs. Anyone know the era of this stamp? I've had a few Wizards and Warlocks with it over the years and this one's PDGA approved tooled. So pre 2013ish.
64b0ee8197aaddb3ca646272a667d71f.jpg

I loved the first few runs of Warlock. In my limited experience recent runs seem to have a bit of a dome and are less high speed stable. I have given up on finding one that feels and throws good and I have found a great replacement in the Lat 64 Hope. It has the same flight shape of the old Warlocks and the same stability when putting with a very familiar hand feel.

Local pickup from a used bin for $6. It's an SSS which is a little flexy for my taste. It is great feeling plastic so may be my flippy thrower or warmup catch disc.
Also dig the old DD/ Gateway stamp from before DD started making their own discs. Anyone know the era of this stamp? I've had a few Wizards and Warlocks with it over the years and this one's PDGA approved tooled. So pre 2013ish.
64b0ee8197aaddb3ca646272a667d71f.jpg
Those were staples of the Dynamic eBay shop for years. 2008-2012 is my guess; somewhere in that range. Nice find!

I loved the first few runs of Warlock. In my limited experience recent runs seem to have a bit of a dome and are less high speed stable. I have given up on finding one that feels and throws good and I have found a great replacement in the Lat 64 Hope. It has the same flight shape of the old Warlocks and the same stability when putting with a very familiar hand feel.
The first few runs I'm going to guess had a different, thinner flight plate as they used to clover like the old Wizards. They don't really do that anymore.

I haven't picked up a new Warlock since '19, but I wasn't having an issue with them having dome. The issue I was having with the newer ones was that they seem to warp after you beat them in. Again, limited sample size.

I got a buddy that putts with them. But he's been using the same 3 Warlocks for at least 15 years. I keep trying to get him to try some of the new ones, but he's a bit resistant to trying new Warlocks for some odd reason.

I've been putting with the same omega for at least 6 years. Every thing else in the bag has changed multiple times, but not that one omega. I have gobs of backup omegas, but they never get promoted to the primary puttet slot. If a putter gives you confidence leave it alone.

Anybody have experience with Nylon Warlocks?
I putted with them most of last year. I found a run that had a nice flex that was between SS and SSS. They also had a nice puddle top. The grip on Nylon is pretty unique, it is very tacky and can sometimes stick to your fingers. Overall I liked putting with them, but switched to some puddle top straight SS ones that just came out of the hand better.

I have used and loved the Warlock since it came out....it seems like not many people have even tried it. I find it to be faster, with more glide, and a better feel than the Wizard....

Latest posts