• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are You a Current PDGA Member?

Are You a Current PDGA Member?

• Yes

Votes: 147 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 140 48.8%

• Total voters

jjtwinnova

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A simple poll. Are you currently a PDGA member? Why or why not? Interested to see what the norm is for the DGCR community.

Not any more ... I don't like having a historical record of my competitive play. :eek:

Actual reason is I just don't play that many tournies anymore, and that's really the only reason joined/renewed for a few years.

I am current. I like having the historical data as I play a lot of the same tourneys every year. Cool to be able to compare rounds and results. Also, I'm our local club president and need to be current as an official for TDing and Assistant TDing.

Nah, don't play tourneys as they seem like it would take forever to play a round and I'm into the game for fitness/way of life. I don't even really keep score other then on what hole I'm on in my head. Even when I'm playing with people there is no point as I'd just usually win so I just spend time helping them with their game when needed. I play with noobs lol.

I have enough money into disc golf. Definitely not looking to spend anymore. PDGA? No thank you.

I play enough tourneys where the extra 10 bucks per tournament would push me into the spot where it makes sense to be current.

Not this year. The cost of annual membership ($50) and my typical PDGA budget (9-10 tournaments/Advanced division) is just way too expensive. Basically on top of the membership fee I am required to buy a bunch of players packs I don't want in order to participate.

Might only play 5 tournaments next year to justify a membership.

Basically on top of the membership fee I am required to buy a bunch of players packs I don't want in order to participate.

That is your local TD, not the PDGA. For the tournaments that I run, none of the entry fee is allocated to the player packs.

I didn't renew this year. Just didn't have any time for tournaments. The only way I would become a member again is If for some reason I decide to play more than 5 tourneys in a year. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I'm not current, because I haven't had the time to play these last 2 years. I'm hoping to join and play next year.

#17958 Current for many years. Only started playing tournaments a couple years ago, but PDGA seemed like a good way to give back to the game. I still think it is.

Latest posts