• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are You Brand Loyal?

Are you brand loyal?

• I'm brand loyal. I just throw X and here's why:

Votes: 37 13.5%
  • I basically just have one brand in my bag, because it's what's available.

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • I primarily throw X, but I have bag spots with other brands.

Votes: 118 43.1%
  • No way I'm brand loyal! I find what works.

Votes: 109 39.8%
  • Wait... these plastic things are made by different companies?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
I've been tossing Legacy only for 2+ years. With them not releasing molds every couple of months, much easier on my wallet/back account not having to buy a new toy every so often. Yes, I know, don't HAVE to buy it, but let's be real, DGers tend to be lured by new shiny stuff (except the curmudgeons :p ). And do love the feel of their plastics, well, Icon and Legend mostly.

Writing the above half-ironically while waiting for a shipment of three discs to arrive. Though to be fair, can't recall when I bought a disc last prior to this order, probably before summer if memory serves and just one back then.

I'm not brand loyal as much as I am mold loyal, which I guess makes me brand loyal. I really enjoy perusing the used bins at PIAG, and having some specific molds I look for makes that experience even more enjoyable

I mostly throw Innova stuff because it's usually the easiest to find/replace. That doesn't mean I don't recognize other brands having great discs too. If the disc is good I'll bag it. I've got stuff from DD, Lat64, Discraft and MVP in my bag too. If the mold feels good in my hand and the plastic is nice, I can find a use for it.

I'm not brand loyal, I bag anything from a Prodigy A4, to a Kastaplast Lots.

I started a year and a half ago and just now am finding discs that I'm extremely comfortable and confident with.

I think brand loyalty is for a special breed. I know a local guy who only throws Discraft, but my god is he good at throwing just discraft. I also know a guy who throws only trilogy and refuses to try anything else and its hurting his game.

I throw a mixed bag but have tried being brand loyal in the past. I currently have molds from discmania, Kastaplast, Westside, mint and millennium.

Currently in my bag:
Putters: Legacy, DGA, Gateway, Axiom
Midrange: Kastaplast, Dynamic Discs, Innova, Discraft
Fairway Drivers: Innova, Kastaplast, Latitude 64, DGA, Discraft

I want what works....but it's hard to go with some of the smaller companies as they tend to have more discs go out of production. Plus, I stick to brands my local disc store carries since I like to hold the disc before I buy it so I can tell how it fits in my hand and how grippy the plastic feels.

I really liked the Witness; it's out of production.
I like Legacy discs....my local store no longer carries it.

So for me...disc choice is what works for me (or I want to try) and what's available locally.

I throw Innova and Discraft along with a Quake. I only do it because those are the discs I like. I would probably only throw Innova if Discrafts midranges weren't so damn good. Buzzes, Zones, Drone and a Quake are my only non-Innova discs.

Also, I kind of like the fact that all of my discs were made in the US. Not a huge deal, but one of those minor perks.

I bag about 50% Innova, with Dynamic Discs, Lat 64, Westside, Discraft, and Prodiscus in my bag.

...and my two favorite pros throw Prodigy.

My newly constructed aqua bag has 22 discs. Discs by manufacturer are:

Innova: 6 (Shryke, Firebird, Thunderbird, Teebird, FD, Roc3)
Trilogy: 6 (Defender, Enigma x2, Fuse, Harp, Warden)
Discraft: 7 (Force, Undertaker, Buzzz x2, Zone, Fierce, Habit)
MVP: 3 (Drift, Envy, Pilot)

My favorite manufacturer that I would like to support most is Discraft, and I have bought from them the most recently, partly in support of their sponsored pros. However, I bag and play with the discs that I seem to play best with, and that turns out to be Latitude 64 across the board, drivers midranges and putters.

I'm brand loyal mostly because my bag is primarily differing molds with similar plastics if I can manage. So ideally I'm trying to cover OS / S / US all with Star plastic for example, with a teebird, FD, whatever.

That's just a coincidence though. I prefer certain brands because I know what to expect, mostly.

No loyalty. I carry 9 discs from 4 different manufacturers. Whatever works.

Until fairly recently it was 9 discs from 6 different manufacturers. :rolleyes:

I have 12-13 molds with Discraft/DGA at 9 indvidual discs total if you can count the DGA Titanic in Proline a modified Magnet or its own mold and then 11 individual discs with Innova and currently 1 single Lighting mold.

Latest posts