• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

Silverback or Gorilla or maybe guerrilla haha. Maybe grizzly or kodiak for bear names. But there is nothing we can do about the name. Of course they can't be used if already taken by another company. I will buy one or a few. Depending if I can get the first run stamp on them. I love the first run stamp.

I think this'd be pretty sweet on a disc actually:

KodiakWintergreen.jpg

aj

Another wide rimmed driver to be marketed towards the n00b demographic?

Courses with heavy traffic are going to be dangerous this year. I'm not happy with Innova at this.

Boss, Katana, Vulcan, Wahoo, Destroyer, Groove, Excalibur, Wraith, and now APE.

Too damn many speed 11+ discs if you ask me.

I don't get why these companies just keep trying to improve their products. It's so stupid. I'm going to start my own company and make just one disc. The disc won't have a name or stamp and will only come in one color.

They come out with new products...just like any other company comes out with new products. They gotta MAKE DAT CHEDDAH

It is interesting that innova is putting some many discs out this quickly. It must be a marketing thing and it helps keep their name out there. Or it might be one of those things where we always try and build a better mouse trap.

If it is a marketing thing I sure would love to see innova come out with some of there older discs in different plastics or even re-release a disc with a special stamp or special blend to keep their name out there.

CHEERS - Koffee

If it is a marketing thing I sure would love to see innova come out with some of there older discs in different plastics or even re-release a disc with a special stamp or special blend to keep their name out there.

CHEERS - Koffee

This is what they NEED to be doing!

i think there is another company across one of the ponds that is making discs and making them well, which is putting some pressure on the two big boys....It would be nice to have some consistent product line.........vibram, lat 64, discraft, discmania, there is some consistency with names....(eg drone, hornet, wasp, buzzz) and innova does appear to be all over the place (boss, xcaliber, groove)

When it comes to discs, they are forgetting what got them here. I would not have stopped using my XDs, Gazelles, Cobras, Whippets, Vipers, had they been easily replacable in Champ or Star plastic. As much as I loved those discs, I was not going to pay $25 bucks for tourney specials. I have a family to support. Most guys I play with would love to see older molds in the new plastics. Half my bag is Innova at this time. It used to be all Innova and I keep finding discs from Lat 64, Discraft, Gateway that take spots from Innova. So keep churning out the rubbish for noobs and lose ground with your base. :|

When it comes to discs, they are forgetting what got them here. I would not have stopped using my XDs, Gazelles, Cobras, Whippets, Vipers, had they been easily replacable in Champ or Star plastic. As much as I loved those discs, I was not going to pay $25 bucks for tourney specials. I have a family to support. Most guys I play with would love to see older molds in the new plastics. Half my bag is Innova at this time. It used to be all Innova and I keep finding discs from Lat 64, Discraft, Gateway that take spots from Innova. So keep churning out the rubbish for noobs and lose ground with your base. :|

THIS!

MOTHER****ING THIS!!!!

Well put!

Oh come on, cali - tell us how you REALLY feel :D

That's funny, someone said that during a discussion we were having about the same thing on facebook.
I do get worked up about it a bit much, I agree. It's just my home course is FLOODED with nub head high school kids who just go to get stoned and huck bad shots all over the place, never giving warning if something is coming your way.

so surprised no one has made a bad APE SH!T joke yet

Ape kinda makes sense with the power and long powerful arms

My question is this.....is this a true befey disc ala Boss and Excalibur that is not beginner/weenie arm friendly and thus actually quite different from the Katana, Vulcan, Wahoo and actually might be SOMETHING DIFFERENT? The Boss and Destroyer are both about a half decade old at least. This one might be a move in that direction?

The "reliably overstable wide rimmed disc" corner of the market is pretty sparse really, so b/w this Ape and the PD2, big armed pros might actually have a usable headwind distance disc besides domey Forces.

The "reliably overstable wide rimmed disc" corner of the market is pretty sparse really, so b/w this Ape and the PD2, big armed pros might actually have a usable headwind distance disc besides domey Forces.

this why I think this disc is actually something different from the weenie arm high speed stuff. :clap:

Not that I go throw it but just giving credit