• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

Can't wait for the 30 pages of everyone saying they aren't going to buy it

I'll start. Im not going to buy one...

unless I start throwing everything over 500'

Wait. im not going to say that. I bet you this thing if its a faster XCal, might be an awesome OH disc. Who knows?

I personally don't think it's a bad idea for a mold for:
1. Cannon Arms
2. Big Arms for headwind drives
3. Power Sidearmers

I'm none of those, however.

new names always seem weird at first. ape will probably seem weird a little longer. i'm sure i'll get one, just because i'm a collector and a whore for speed 13's that i don't have really even have the power to throw properly.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea for a mold for:
1. Cannon Arms
2. Big Arms for headwind drives
3. Power Sidearmers

I'm none of those, however.

It'll definitely be good for these things, and the stats are almost identical to the Boss which so many people love (I prefer the Nuke but the Boss is a good disc).. its just the name that gets me!

aj

I never thought of overhand... sounds like it might be a winner for that

I'll probably pick one up, I throw sidearm quite a bit, and I think it may find a place in my bag. But I am interested to see if it can beat out my Xcal

Innova has to be throwing darts (the ones with tips) at post its on a wall to come up with these names.

I guess the "Ape" makes some sense for the mold - beeftastic power driver. It just doesn't sound very cool. But they're running out of names that would make sense for that kind of mold, I guess.

At some point, they're just going to be running down the dictionary alphabetically. My money for the name of the next mold is the "Aardvark".

Isn't that the name of a Gorilla Boy bag, though? I was thinking Simian would have been good, but that has the same issue.

Silverback or Gorilla or maybe guerrilla haha. Maybe grizzly or kodiak for bear names. But there is nothing we can do about the name. Of course they can't be used if already taken by another company. I will buy one or a few. Depending if I can get the first run stamp on them. I love the first run stamp.

Those of you complaining about the name, I think Im just happy they didnt go all Gateway on us and call it the Jaguar or something used on a completely different disc in the past.

Gee I cant wait to hear some douche say "Man, that things flies like a raped ape." hur hur hurrr

wait.. if I just said that does that mean Im the douche?? well crap

Trademark fees.

Otherwise, it would just be Kong, and I beleive thats taken as well.

Latest posts