• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

Jerry's face for sure.

lol wouldn't surprise me if he made that request. Sometimes really intricate designs produce a lot of misprints but maybe a picture of the stadium and some text about the disc golf experience with a date. Just speculating. They usually do cool stamps in colorful foils. I don't understand buying a player pack for an event you don't attend so I'm not getting one if I don't go. Maybe I'll score some misprints in the shop though. :thmbup:

Just signed up, if anyone wants to carpool from Garland/Richardson just PM me. Might even stop for a round somewhere along the way :thmbup:

heard the event was full, list on DD site has 472 players listed. 90+% are going to play the 9 holes. did the math 5-11PM is 1 hole per minute per player, no breaks.

Any bets on a Cluster Fak?

Agh, I completely forgot this was happening. I have been talking for years about trying to create an indoor course. I figured the Truman Show, AKA ATT stadium would be the best place in town to try it out.

heard the event was full, list on DD site has 472 players listed. 90+% are going to play the 9 holes. did the math 5-11PM is 1 hole per minute per player, no breaks.

Any bets on a Cluster Fak?

There are actually 10 holes now man, we'll have plenty of time :p

I was going to be a late sign up depending on my work schedule. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Those that are going, keep us updated.

Not to be a downer , BUT this whole thing seems gimmicky and lame. If most decently skilled players can easily drive the length of the field, how good could 9 or 10 holes be? On the other hand, if your're a fan of the Cowboys I could see the appeal.

Not to be a downer , BUT this whole thing seems gimmicky and lame. If most decently skilled players can easily drive the length of the field, how good could 9 or 10 holes be? On the other hand, if your're a fan of the Cowboys I could see the appeal.

Yeah I'm with you. I'm going just to go..plus like everyone I know is going. But my initial reaction was sure it's great to get the sport out there in the public eye...but it's really not a realistic setting for disc golf which makes it gimmicky seeming for sure.

We shall see...I'm still trying to be optimistic about it. Maybe it will turn out to be better than expected.

Also, I could care less about the Cowboys. :sick:

The quality of the "course" is irrelevant. The fact that you get to play disc golf in a facility that we would not normally have access to is. If you're a fan of the Cowboys (or not), you can probably take that stadium tour whenever they offer it.

I've heard that one of the holes throws from the 2nd deck thru the goal post and the basket is on the star in the middle of the field. I think most of the rest are in tunnels/stands. I could be wrong though.

I've also heard they are trying to expand it for next year. Maybe something that plays outside and inside for more of a tournament type thing. It's all speculation at this point. Hell, someone might break the screen.

I hope it goes well.

The stadium is enormous, field aside you could easily fit 12 holes around the field in all the tunnels and walkways.