• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

And just about every XT disc I've held has felt waxy. Some are tackier than others, but they're all waxy. The Christmas Polecats being the biggest offenders. They hold up pretty well though.

Hmmm. Out of the 7 XT discs I own, only one of them feels waxy and that's the Bullfrog.
I just ordered two more XT Aviars, we'll see if those are ok.

except the years of waxy stuff which was everywhere 2002-2006 and folded like a taco after one solid tree whack.

There was stiff at the same time 2002-2006. I got the Stiff stuff from that era new from a Play it Again Sports that did not take in used discs due to getting only fully worn out discs in 2004 and then 2005 in my local Sports store DX plastic, it was waxy at first but would get stiffer as time went on to the Stiff of good DX, then when getting too worn in the DX would be so slick one could barely hold onto the disc when throwing. I got Some Softer non waxy stuff in my old lighter weight 166 gram DX Shark from 2005 or 2006 when I was trying the disc for a short style midrange, each disc in the bag at the time did a specific shot or no more then 2 things. From 2003-2006 a soft waxy DX that was mostly in Aviar putters at the time minus the Classic Grid, they were pushing the KC Pro, the new JK Pro in 2005 and the oop Pro Aviar harder then the baseline DX disc plastic out at the time.

Got an XT Aviar from a local shop. Feels comparable to the Nexus plastic of the Firefly I have been throwing. Not as firm but similar grip. Was throwing on grass but it got torn up by pine cones on the ground; more than simply scuffed up. Surprised to see that as I expected it to be more durable.

Nice and stable, flew as expected: in between my Classic Aviars and fresh Firefly. Overlaps my beat Firefly. Good disc overall.

DGU just released my latest stamp design, the Legendary Series Aviar.
Its going on a few different plastic types but the metal flake Star is my personal fav
I think they are all black for this run. I don't expect them to last long at all. Happy hunting!

DGU just released my latest stamp design, the Legendary Series Aviar.
Its going on a few different plastic types but the metal flake Star is my personal fav
I think they are all black for this run. I don't expect them to last long at all. Happy hunting!

Enjoyed seeing the process and the final design!

Looks like they went fast.

Curious as to what your iPad setup is. Have been thinking about getting the 12.9 iPad pro and checking out how much I can do with procreate.

basically looks like this
images

The typography, especially in the process video, made me think of Metallica Ride the Lightning.
I listen to lots of hair metal and thrash metal so Ride was a big influence. Typographically speaking, the Metallica log does a bunch of stuff right.

Will any of those legendary aviars have a run in dx plastic ?
They stamped 5 white DX just for me... you can see one of them on the video's title card. All the rest of the first run was black. I'm positive they'll stamp more Aviars and hopefully they'll do some DX.

Are Dx Aviar P&As different from Dx Classic Aviars?

I've searched and cannot seem to find a consensus. Too me, they feel/fly identically...Classics just seem to be in a more consistently stiff Dx blend and have a cooler stamp.

I've searched and cannot seem to find a consensus. Too me, they feel/fly identically...Classics just seem to be in a more consistently stiff Dx blend and have a cooler stamp.

I've always thought that classics were more US/neutral, and the flight numbers indicate this as well. I've never thrown a classic, but my P&A's are the most neutral, dead straight disc in my bag, so I've always wondered about the 1 fade....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classics if you snap off correctly at the right height have almost no fade. A regular PandA will have noticeably more fade out of the box.

Of course if you cycle PandA's you will beat the fade out and after a bit they will fly like the Classics do out of the box. :|

Also if you throw like me and screw up your drive and get it too high, a classic will fade and you will end up standing on the tee thinking "No fade my A**!" :mad:

In the end IMO they were very close and I choose Classics based more on them having the old grid stamp I'm used to an Aviar having than anything to do with the flight. So when I go back to Aviars (which I do every year at some point because those damn things were my putters for forever and in my head I'm still an Aviar thrower) I throw Classics.

I was gonna answer but would have repeated the things ThreePutt said.
Consider my post the same as his.
Except I prefer the extra beef of the PandA over the neutrality and less fade of the Classic.

Except I prefer the extra beef of the PandA over the neutrality and less fade of the Classic.
I will add that this is the correct answer. If you have two baseline discs to choose between, the correct selection is the one that is more OS out of the box. That more OS disc will probably beat in to mimic the stability of the less OS disc, and then when you pair that beat in disc with a fresh disc you can cover a wider spectrum of shots. So Marmoset is doing it the correct way.

I picked my putter based on the stamp, which is the wrong way. Ironically, Marmoset makes money off of people choosing a disc based on the stamp. He probably should have kept this cat in the bag. :p

i thought there were true classic ones that were straight with the grid stamp

and i thought some new pna were classic stamped but still truly a pna mold

I'm a metalhead. My roots definitely show in this design :)
I don't ever remember seeing the AC DC graphic or Dimebag's guitar (even though I listened to tons of Pantera) so those didn't factor in to my design. Metallica's Ride the Lightning definitely factored in though.

Latest posts