• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar thread.

Baby blue r pro :)
Putts, upshots, off the tee, love this disc. You can learn to master any putter regardless of bead size etc so for me It's all about how it feels in my hand. Been using this disc since it hit the stores and my only complaint is how easily dirt sticks to it.

Love the disc all BB for me. Star drivers for off the tee and Black Rancho KC pros as my putters.

Putters.jpg

picture.php

I've posted this before but it seems fitting.
first row: 12x
2nd row: 12x and two glow kcs
3rd row: huk lab dx (with booter's wiped ink), Yetis, 10x, 11x

Last edited:
challenger def looks similar to an aviar. and so much so that i want to try one for what dave said. seems almost a blend between big and small bead. and that might be right up my alley.

i like the first run pro aviars for driving. those things keep their stability longer than other aviars i've thrown. but then again, i drive with pro rhynos more as of late.

approaches and putts i'll use small beads. i have what i think is a proto jk with a small bead...sadly nothing is like it. definitely have an aviar obsession. trying to get rid of some and have done a decent job. but it's hard to let them go. ha.

I just realized that I said that dx big bead had booters old ink, but I guess I should clarify that I didn't actually get it from booter. It's made it's rounds across the country.

Here's what I'm down to nowadays:

Attachments

• 2011-07-229522-36-1795813.jpg
    2011-07-229522-36-1795813.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 35
I've been putting with Wizards for a while now, but figured I might as well grab a couple Aviars, I used to have one of course. Grabbed two 173g Star X-Outs, beadless. I figured the Wizards would cover those bases. After throwing them at the local field today, I'm wishing I got some BBs. They turn over a little too easily, and I already have a disc or two in my arsenal for such throws. They ain't bad, but I'd trade 'em for a couple BB's in a second. Anyone? Thrown only on astro turf field, all of 20 times per. I tried to wipe the stamp off of one, which left a yellowy pit-stain color, but s'all g.

Attachments

• 2011-07-22 21.14.32.jpg
    2011-07-22 21.14.32.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 20
I have a small clutch of red, dx 175g Aviars.

*swoons*

The regular P & A Aviar in DX plastic. There is so much great about that disc. Cheap and easy to find, it makes a great putter and for driving off the tee. It is in the same catagory as the DX Teebird. Just a classic that stands the test of time.

The regular P & A Aviar in DX plastic. There is so much great about that disc. Cheap and easy to find, it makes a great putter and for driving off the tee. It is in the same catagory as the DX Teebird. Just a classic that stands the test of time.

boom.

Love the original Beadless

Like a nice firm grippy regular SB

Also like the Star Aviar Driver

Been puttin w/the regular Star for a couple years now. Carry at least 4 total in the bag

Original beadless Aviars. These orange ones were the favorites in my area back in the late 80s.

picture.php