• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Yeah, putting max weight doesn't really matter to me either. I like 168-171, especially for putters like wizards and kc aviars, once they beat up they are glide machines at lower weights. Putting becomes effortless.

165 is the lowest I have personally tried, though.

I have a 164 neutron that I was using til the soft came out. I have a 165 and 175 soft and I prefer the 165 for most putts. I know in his Japan Open in the bag, Emac mentioned his surprise in the glide of the 150 mercy he was using.

I have two 161s coming Friday. I'll be interested to see how they fly compared to my max weights within the circle.

My Envys keep messing me up, though, when it comes to anything longer than 30'. They fly faster and farther than I anticipate nearly every time. Part of the reason I went to all Envys for my short game. Alternating shots with the Ion to the Envy was a ranging nightmare.

I have two 161s coming Friday. I'll be interested to see how they fly compared to my max weights within the circle.

My Envys keep messing me up, though, when it comes to anything longer than 30'. They fly faster and farther than I anticipate nearly every time. Part of the reason I went to all Envys for my short game. Alternating shots with the Ion to the Envy was a ranging nightmare.

I was having some of the same issues with approaches at first, transitioned from Rhynos, and the diff in carry was crazy at first.

I was having some of the same issues with approaches at first, transitioned from Rhynos, and the diff in carry was crazy at first.

I'm loving the added speed on the envy vs my wizards. I still bag my RFF wizard that I can place perfectly on most routine up shots. That said, any line that is too lower for me to finesse my wiz in, the envy just cruises the gap and settles by the pin. Approaching has always been a strength in my game & the envy has added another deadly weapon to the arsenal. I love this mold.

just picked up 2 softs. best feeling mvp/axiom plastic to me. soft neutron on every putter should become an option.

I pulled the trigger and have a I think 173 purple core/pink rim soft on the way. Gonna put it up against my chiefs and wizards. Should be fun.

Wow, just wow. Soft neutron feels so amazing. Practiced with it and I think I found my new precious. Gonna be tough to let the SSS wizard go, but I am gonna give the envy a real chance.

Played 36 holes in some gnarly wind today. The Envy performed well. I used it on most up shots and the majority of putts. Really enjoy the feel of this disc in the hand. Very easy to throw with any grip. Once I get some more practice with it I am going to be deadly with this disc. Very happy guy right here.

I'm really liking my 161g Envys for putts. The max weights I have are flippin' awesome for driving, upshots, or ... well ... every other shot. But the lighter weight Envys have a glidier, more finesse-able flight to them that makes putting actually fun.

Loving my 165g soft so far. Perfect stability, I can rip into it and not turn it, but it is not at all a meathook.

I am having a problem with my envy though. It is really just barely short of what my mids go, although it takes a little more height.

Am I crazy to think I should go from Envy straight to a speed 6 fairway?

Loving my 165g soft so far. Perfect stability, I can rip into it and not turn it, but it is not at all a meathook.

I am having a problem with my envy though. It is really just barely short of what my mids go, although it takes a little more height.

Nope. Not crazy. In fact, if my Vectors weren't pseudo-fairways themselves, I probably wouldn't carry mids.

I am struggling with this too. All I really need is my Envy, Stalker and Inertia for a complete set up for my game. I love my Alias and Tangent though, so I carry them anyway.

No you're sane. I've got a beat up N Envy that somedays doing field work, it makes me wonder if I need the Axis in the bag...and that's blaspheme to this axis guy...(I play too many low-ceiling holes around here that the Envy won't cover though.)

The envy definitely has some lower ceiling capability over an ion though and even little more slide//skip. Its not actually a very "putter-like" flying putter at all... falls in the pure putter relm of being a driver that looks like a putter :D

The envy definitely has some lower ceiling capability over an ion though and even little more slide//skip. Its not actually a very "putter-like" flying putter at all... falls in the pure putter relm of being a driver that looks like a putter :D

Totally feeling you on the slide/skip. The low ceiling vs. the Ion thing, yeah, I'd kind of experienced that, but I just thought it was because I couldn't really lean into the Ion without going squirrelly.

Yeah that's a big reason I ditched the Ions in favor of all-Envys as far as the "putters I carry" category is concerned.

Between a beat up Neutron, fresh Proton, 173-175 (3x) Soft Neturon, and 2x 161 Softs, I have just about every shot covered from gimme puts to 300'.

Envy, both Watermelon and Soft N, saved me many stroked in my tournament today. I tied for 4th IN a pretty tough field, but I would have been out of the payout if not for the Envy.

On hole 4 of of the second round, there is is a 400 plus foot hole with with a no **** 25 foot wide fairway with OB on both sides. While others were trying to bomb it down there and just eating OB, I calm threw my Envy twice and nailed the putt. Man this disc is great.

Yeah that's a big reason I ditched the Ions in favor of all-Envys as far as the "putters I carry" category is concerned.

Between a beat up Neutron, fresh Proton, 173-175 (3x) Soft Neturon, and 2x 161 Softs, I have just about every shot covered from gimme puts to 300'.

Are you finding the Envy capable of holding an anny line to the ground? I've been beating up a 175 Neutron Envy since the spring and it still wants to fight out unless it's on a really steep line or snapped hard. I'm struggling to get the "touch" with the Envy on those lines.

Do lower weights have a little less beef?