• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

the soft flex electron's are nice for the cooler temps. it still really won't warm up much here in the Midwest.

bagging two in my winter bag currently and they make for excellent stable to overstable approach putters.

Picked up a couple of Firm Electrons (174g) the other day. They're rather straight putters when you give them some power. I was able to get them out to ~325' with little to no fade. I'll say they fly a little straighter than what the Axiom chart shows across all levels of power. The flight is perhaps in between the Envy's chart and the Proxy's chart.

Found a battle hardened N Envy in the used bin today so I bought it. It's the exact same color as my Soft N Proxy (red core, white rim) which is much newer so I'm simply curious to see how different if any these are after reading this thread. I need to seek help.

Looked through the thread and couldn't find a definitive answer so at the risk of being redundant, can someone let me know the order of stability in the different plastics of the Envy?

Looked through the thread and couldn't find a definitive answer so at the risk of being redundant, can someone let me know the order of stability in the different plastics of the Envy?

Most to least stability off the shelf in my experience

Soft Neutron> Proton = Regular Neutron> Plasma> Electron (only thrown one, so someone else should chime in).

I would agree with that assessment ^ I have thrown multiples of each plastic.

To break it down one step more with the Electron plastic from most to least stable; Firm > Reg > Soft

I find it amusing the Electron goes opposite from premium. It's because the firm can take more abuse

The only difference I would say is, the old firmer Proton seems to be every bit as stable as soft N if not more so.

I think its more of a glide thing than just the fade. My FR Proton has less glide than the Softys, so the fade just kicks in a bit sooner because of that.

I picked up a proton misprint (or what ever MVP calls them) 160 light blue on light blue. First it is a beautiful disc but second and more importantly it is so smooth for fh up shots. thinking about carrying it and my particle even though they over lap.

I got a Proton a month ago to replace my old KC Aviars. One thing I've noticed is that it seems to have a lot more glide than the KC's did. I'm routinely overthrowing the pin on shorter holes I used to park. I love the Envy's OS flight in the woods, but I'm thinking I'm just going to stick with my Harps for approaches to the pin from 220' and in.

I like the Envy's speed and OS ness for those short approaches when I have room to put it on a spike hyzer. Never was able to get my Aviars to do that reliably.

Been using the envy as a midrange/upshot disc and i love it, using it more than anything other than my putter. Very reliable and the profile is comfortable.

Shout out for my E soft Envy, first ace on it during Sunday dubs! on a terribly short hole oh well tied for first/second and got first in playoff ctp.

Loving it for putting and downhill approach, of course I'm also throwing way cleaner because it has more glide, more grip and a mellower fade. Should have bought two more for JYLY.

I brought the Envy back to my bag as a compliment to my Anode. I'm loving the disc. How does Plasma fly compared to Neutron? I have the original Neutron from years back and it's a little seasoned.

I brought the Envy back to my bag as a compliment to my Anode. I'm loving the disc. How does Plasma fly compared to Neutron? I have the original Neutron from years back and it's a little seasoned.

Same just cooler looking and a little softer vs some of the older neutron envy stuff was. Great throwers for sure.

If i were to bag a proxy or envy again on the regular it would be plasma all day like my thrower ions. They are too sexy not to toss. Remind me of the old lat GL.

Last edited:
Bought a Proton Envy (orange core and orange rim) because my Neutron from years ago is seasoned, I use the Envy more like a midrange off the tee and for upshots. This new Proton is over-stable, doesn't want to hold a straight line just starts to fade early and holds that fade to the ground, its exactly what i wanted to compliment my straight Neutron! the neutron will hold an anny all most all the way but the Proton fights out into a fade every time, so reliable and fills my mid range out nicely, I love it.

Random: Do we think we'll get a Halloween Envy again this year with Black rims? I sure hope so, but maybe a FX Proton version?? - I really dig the HAlloween Envy's. I have a couple :) would like to add to the years - I have a 2017 and a 2016, are they the only runs of these? The Black widow neutron and the Owl Plasma?