• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

You know, Neutron Proxy's aren't exactly hard. They're softer than Neutron Anodes and Ions. I wouldn't want the flight plate any softer, but I guess the rim/OM could be.

I think you're going to really like the Proxy, especially for throwing. First time I threw it, it was like "you're kidding me"! It's dead straight right to the ground, powered up or powered down.

I've been saying this for weeks. The current run is pretty soft when it's not freezing out.

I would like a soft for winter golf and maybe for extra grip in the rain.

I've been saying this for weeks. The current run is pretty soft when it's not freezing out.

I would like a soft for winter golf and maybe for extra grip in the rain.

That makes sense. I'd like to see a soft too, but it's not killing me that there isn't one.

2 rounds with a new Proxy so far. One near miss on an Ace and 4 cage rattles on approaches. It is pretty nice feeling. Pures may be put on the endangered list. Only time will tell.

Is the Proxy and exact replica of an Atom, but in different Plastic? Or is there a difference in design and flight?

2 rounds with a new Proxy so far. One near miss on an Ace and 4 cage rattles on approaches. It is pretty nice feeling. Pures may be put on the endangered list. Only time will tell.

Is the Proxy and exact replica of an Atom, but in different Plastic? Or is there a difference in design and flight?

No, not the same disc, specs are different:

Proxy
21.0cm/Diameter
1.8cm/Height
1.5cm/Depth
1.1cm/Rim Width

Atom
21.1cm
1.9cm
1.4cm
1.1cm

Yep. Atom and proxy just share the envy core. I wonder howba premium atom would fly. Seems like its right between the envy and proxy.

Right, my Atoms had a little bit of fade when I threw them. Just putting with the Atom now, the Proxy's the thrower.

That's weird. When I felt the Atom at the store it felt much smaller than the Envy. I would have thought is was smaller than the Proxy.

That's weird. When I felt the Atom at the store it felt much smaller than the Envy. I would have thought is was smaller than the Proxy.

Probably the base plastic makes it seem that way. But it is slightly lower profile than the Proxy.

That all sounds about right. The Atom seemed to have more fade or dump when it ran out of gas. Only two rounds in, but the Proxy seems to have more glide and forward fade.

proxy is definitely a versatile disc; i liked it. it didn't feel quite as good in the hand as the envy; i don't know why. i never liked how the alias and theory felt in my hands either.

it could take solid rips without worry and it powered down pretty well too. i think i'm just not enamored with fast putters anymore. they're more fun to just throw, for sure. but they don't fit how i've structured my bag or my play style. polecats fly plenty far anyway. ;)

Makes sense, logical. I put my Proxy away for a few weeks in favor a Flx Challenger, thinking I might get a little more touch with a more traditional putter. Nope. When I threw them together again, drives and approaches, Proxy FTW.

Mike who?...:D I have been debating on whether to throw my watermelon proxy, but you know as soon as I do then here comes....

....Soft proxy:popcorn:

The Envy really doesn't have a lot of fade. It has some, and thrown with enough hyzer it will hold its line, but I can also throw it dead straight and get it to land on the line I threw it on. It's a unique blend of very HSS with minimal LSS. That's why I'm torn on trying the Proxy. People who throw them say they're different, but the videos I've seen look like they are too close to bag both.

I can do more video testing side by side but my personal experience with envy is it has much more LSS. Ive thrown some really nice short low skip shots with that 168g watermelon pictured. Its not the most OS envy anymore being a FR proton but flies short flex shots and handles headwinds where proxy just goes straight.

Ive had shots with proxy where im used to a little fade at the end like ion but the damn proxy just keeps flying straight. You also can see how the ion reallllllly holds a release angle while envy and proxy turn into flat and ride out as designed.

I never thought id bag the envy or proxy but the 2 molds have come out with me nearly every round as of late and im throwing some great shots with both while seeing their differences much more. Seems like it would take an envy 2 years of reg use to have no LSS like proxy.

Latest posts