• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Paradox

Threw this disc twice and plan on trading it. I was so excited and it looks amazing, but its too radical for consistency for me. I am much better turning over a buzzz ss, leopard, or Truth than this thing. It just goes over like a mad man. If I need it to turn this much I am just gonna throw a forehand.

Threw this disc twice and plan on trading it. I was so excited and it looks amazing, but its too radical for consistency for me. I am much better turning over a buzzz ss, leopard, or Truth than this thing. It just goes over like a mad man. If I need it to turn this much I am just gonna throw a forehand.

What weight do you have? I didn't realize how much this disc was growing on me until I lost mine today in a pile of leaves. What trades are you looking for?

Hey man, it was a 172g. Unfortunately I pitched it to a few friends today and traded it for a Socki Bomb Pig I wanted to try. I should mention that I have this weird Truth that is beat in that seems to work miracles for me as an understable disc. Its longer and glides better on gradual turns than my Buzzz SS, I figure there isnt any reason to mess with something that is working so well.

I've had a little more time with this and have started to tame it.

It's a very twitchy disc for me. I find I need to finesse it at under half power on a lot of hyzer for it to standup and gently drift to the right (RHBH). Get it right and I can get about 70m of flight out of it. Get it wrong and it's an ugly cut roll.

I've had a little more time with this and have started to tame it.

It's a very twitchy disc for me. I find I need to finesse it at under half power on a lot of hyzer for it to standup and gently drift to the right (RHBH). Get it right and I can get about 70m of flight out of it. Get it wrong and it's an ugly cut roll.

As you can probably see in this thread I've had my ups and downs with this disc. Until I lost mine today I didn't realize just how important it had become in my bag. Touchy upshot's, slow fades to the right, downhill and tailwind drives with a nice gentle throw. It's really a nice disc when it gets dialed in. Off to buy another tomorrow

As you can probably see in this thread I've had my ups and downs with this disc. Until I lost mine today I didn't realize just how important it had become in my bag. Touchy upshot's, slow fades to the right, downhill and tailwind drives with a nice gentle throw. It's really a nice disc when it gets dialed in. Off to buy another tomorrow

That's what I like to hear!!! I'm getting one from my lady on Sunday, I think it's the first disc she's bought for me.. I couldn't pick my weight so I sent her a link for a paradox.. 174.6g orange with a green rim.. It was a good place to start!! :D

As a decade long comet thrower and an aging legend :D haha, I feel like I can play a Paradox well... I've got a real hard on for 165/7g proton Spins, I have 4 from when they went oop.

Pretty excited for Sunday.. Get a paradox (fingers crossed).. Head out for Sunday dubs and slay it with a new disc.. Haha.. I'm still taking my lucky 174g soft cosmic electron envy. That things an ace machine!

That's what I like to hear!!! I'm getting one from my lady on Sunday, I think it's the first disc she's bought for me.. I couldn't pick my weight so I sent her a link for a paradox.. 174.6g orange with a green rim.. It was a good place to start!! :D

As a decade long comet thrower and an aging legend :D haha, I feel like I can play a Paradox well... I've got a real hard on for 165/7g proton Spins, I have 4 from when they went oop.

Pretty excited for Sunday.. Get a paradox (fingers crossed).. Head out for Sunday dubs and slay it with a new disc.. Haha.. I'm still taking my lucky 174g soft cosmic electron envy. That things an ace machine!

Best of luck! Report back with how it goes for you. I'd be interested to hear how it worked out for you.

Got a Paradox as a mystery disc and tried it out today for some "Flippy S#!%" in a round with friends. My most US other mid is a Comet, which I love to death. But I was not ready for the giggles of joy I'd have with the Paradox. It is fascinating. I've never had a disc roll uphill after a gentle, short Anny, turn to the left, and then keep turning over until it turned back right under the basket (and this time it felt like the arrow rather than the archer). It rolls up and over from a 45 degree hyzer flip for funny S lines that kind of just glide forward until they fall from the sky. It turns over gently at short range and can do odd nose up lines that will finish right. No other disc in my bag does what a Paradox can do. I can't tell how much it'll be a trick shot disc vs a genuine part of the bag, but it's too fun not to throw! Favorite mystery disc ever.

Well I got my 165g paradox... very interesting, it has more turn than my og sparkle proton spin. I certainly wouldn't say 0 fade but powered up at about 130' plus is when you start to see the real anhyzer action. I feel like it's more glidey shallow putter than a mid. Does well putting..

I did my best work with it on some type of hyzer to straight line, aced #12 downhill soft hyzer at about 130'. Any time I needed to shape an anhyzer I had more trouble, it's hard to believe a gyro disc will turn from flat. Some straight hyzer flip or upshots were good, zero fade but first it would wander 10' over before it flattened out.

I'll be excited to mess with it on my nightly rounds, the disc spot it's hedging for is my "spin" space. It has no problem finishing anhyzer as long as it's flat to nose down with a good bump of spin.

But I was not ready for the giggles of joy I'd have with the Paradox.

No other disc in my bag does what a Paradox can do. I can't tell how much it'll be a trick shot disc vs a genuine part of the bag, but it's too fun not to throw!.

This...it's just such a unique and fun disc to throw. It has wormed its way into my bag when my initial thoughts were not too warm towards it. I still think the uplink could be more suited to my game but the paradox is pretty awesome.

I certainly wouldn't say 0 fade but powered up at about 130' plus is when you start to see the real anhyzer action. I feel like it's more glidey shallow putter than a mid.

Any time I needed to shape an anhyzer I had more trouble, it's hard to believe a gyro disc will turn from flat.

It has no problem finishing anhyzer as long as it's flat to nose down with a good bump of spin.

It's certainly not zero fade, especially under 150' but once you start getting out to 200' it definitely is (if you haven't turned it over at this point!)

What troubles did you have with anhyzer? I have one hole on a course I play that is like..180 feet and dog leg right. I loft the disc up on anny and it just goes the hole way.

What troubles did you have with anhyzer? I have one hole on a course I play that is like..180 feet and dog leg right. I loft the disc up on anny and it just goes the hole way.

Ha the problem I'm having is believing in the turn, I just need to get some time in on it. I turned everything too fast, a few of the longer holes I'm going to need to use some hyzer to control where it flips over. I'd say it definitely has more turn than a Vertex which imo makes it better and more controllable.

There is a line at about 150' where it starts to become a different disc. Had a shot last night at about 170' I shaped a great hyzer flip to flat, went straight and then it finished the wrong way. (Left on LHBH) I totally thought it would have faded but it still had enough spin to keep turning. Had another one where I poo'd it on a short upshot drive, luckily it kept turning and just squeeked straight. It should have clipped a tree short, instead it got chains... then rolled all the way down the hill.

It's certainly not zero fade, especially under 150' but once you start getting out to 200' it definitely is (if you haven't turned it over at this point!

I'm finding the same. I was mostly throwing it in the 200'-275' range. At 200', I can throw it on a hyzer and it finishes slightly right or straight depending on the release angle. At 275', it was probably a 45-degree or more Hyzer, turned up to flat, and then kept turning, fading forward at the end. I overshot my target because I didn't expect the sneaky distance it can get with that forward-penetrating S-line (is it really an "S" if it doesn't fade back at the end?).

I'm a little worried it'll become a "turn and burn" disc as it beats in, but maybe the plastic/gyro will help it stay where it is for a while.

I'm a little worried it'll become a "turn and burn" disc as it beats in, but maybe the plastic/gyro will help it stay where it is for a while.

My concern as well. I really think it's a fantastic disc, i would have loved to find something this understable when i first started out and couldn't turn anything over. I want to try the uplink when it becomes more readily available. I've also toyed with the idea of finding a 167-169g Hex and beating it in to get it flippy.

My concern as well. I really think it's a fantastic disc, i would have loved to find something this understable when i first started out and couldn't turn anything over. I want to try the uplink when it becomes more readily available. I've also toyed with the idea of finding a 167-169g Hex and beating it in to get it flippy.

Yeah I don't think beating a hex to flippy is going to work.. I've been trying.. :) it already holds a turn decent but I don't have gyro that's truly broken in to flippy in a premium plastic.

Ha the problem I'm having is believing in the turn.

This is the issue I have. The disc does what it's supposed to, and when I throw it right it's amazing. As I've learned to not try to help it turn, my results have gotten way more consistent. It's much harder to learn than a one trick pony like a FAF Firebird, but so much more rewarding!

Is there anything you can do with the disc you couldn't do with another disc on FH? The touch is scaring me.

I mean, technically speaking I'd say no? I don't rely on a forehand at all so I carry an understable mid, fairway, and distance driver to cover those specific shots. But I forehand the A2 some and I prefer that to the paradox for the under 150 shots to the right.

That said, the paradox is a touchy disc if you have decent amount of power. I can throw the paradox to 300-320' in an open field but in the woods I wouldn't pull it out for a shot like that because it wouldn't have the height or width. If you can get the touch down (which technically speaking, I don't think is super hard to do) it's a really fun disc.

I don't consider myself advanced by any means but it really is a fun disc once you get used to it. I am already prepared to buy a backup because of how much I have begun to love this disc.

Last edited:
Is there anything you can do with the disc you couldn't do with another disc on FH? The touch is scaring me.

Upshots, straight flat fading upshots. I had one where it should have stabled hyzer at least a bit and hit a tree, missed it by inches and came in wrong side of the basket for a chain out.

It also takes no pressure for me to turn it at 100' had some cool shots where it banked a full turn then just the tiniest hook back and right beside the pin. It does a better job than my light spin, the extra wing helps it hold the turn for a deep anhyzer.

This is the issue I have. The disc does what it's supposed to, and when I throw it right it's amazing. As I've learned to not try to help it turn, my results have gotten way more consistent. It's much harder to learn than a one trick pony like a FAF Firebird, but so much more rewarding!

Ha I know right!!!?? It just starts turning right away when I give it an angle... I throw it flat waiting for a spin kind of slow turn and it's like "this way!!! Ok I go this way!" Like a "New Canadian" cab driver changing 4 lanes in traffic. It's makes my Comet feel like a Buzzz

Last edited:
Off the tee I think you could mostly duplicate the shot shape with a forehand of some sort. In scramble shots where you don't have the swing space for a FH but still need the FH shot shape is one of it's strong suits. I agree with the post above that was talking about struggling to trust the understability of it, multiple times I've thought I threw it too flat/hyzer, but it still flips up and over and drifts into birdie putting range.

The one tee shot I could see it possibly having an advantage is a hole where the basket is set really far to the side, sometimes a FH skip shot might get there, but to really get that sideways travel it seems easier with something turned over that's gliding and trying to fight out.

The one tee shot I could see it possibly having an advantage is a hole where the basket is set really far to the side, sometimes a FH skip shot might get there, but to really get that sideways travel it seems easier with something turned over that's gliding and trying to fight out.

This was the surprising line I found that I hope doesn't beat out of it any time soon. Paradox can slide right (RHBH) with its turn and then still glide a decent distance almost straight forward at the end. I don't have a developed FH so maybe I just can't imagine the complementary shot for that.

Latest posts