• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Paradox

Well I don't get mine out that far, maybe 260' internet max, it's not THAT flippy. It's very controlled, I think if you like flippy and are feeling clean roll the dice. It loves to turn but I have yet to really burn it. Have had a few that went on some wild long panning anhyzers way off target but no rollers. The more I throw it the more it stables out, it's got a good hard and fast very late fade. It's turning it's turning it's gonna nail it then womp drops to the ground 10' short and over. Haha

I'm really interested in this disc.

I've been throwing an old DX Cobra in my really flippy spot and love it, but would like something more durable.

I can throw Rocs comfortably in the 300+ range, but feel like I have clean enough form to make this disc work.

Is it really that ridiculously flippy when you're throwing it around 300 feet?

I don't think so. You have to put it on angle at release. I wouldn't think of it as a 'full-send' type of disc though, except for unusual circumstances. At 300, as far as I'd want to throw it, it takes hyzer-flip type touch, but I liked it when I did it. My first 300' attempt was butter, fwiw.

I threw a player 2 on a tricky hole today with the Paradox.

The hole is about 230', with water immediately behind and to the right. Tree is about 20' left of a direct line, mid-way down. Other trees and branches to the right, can't even try. Also, the tree leans to the left--huge cottonwood.

There's also trees immediately to the left of the teebox, but enough of a window that many players use it on a RHBH anny line.

I usually throw a straight-ahead FH with a Stego on high flex. I did that today, was inside 11'. Have that hole dialed now. Thanks RDG!

My player 2 was Paradox thrown at 200' type power, level, straight ahead trying to hit the gap (between the aspens off the tee to the left and the cottonwood down the fw on the right). Had a putt but not close enough to run it on account of the water behind. Was a super safe shot though, water never a factor, it shows the application of the disc. A less flippy disc wouldn't travel L to R enough.

I just opened one as a Christmas gift and threw a few times today. The Paradox is super understable, which limits it's distance on a straight line imho. I throw an Origin in the US mid slot and it's much more stable than the Paradox. I do like how it travels left to right, but it needs a ton of height for that shot without risk of cutroll. I'll toss it in the bag and see what happens, but not sure how I'll use it.

Looks like the writing is on the wall for this one.

I haven't given up on it yet.

I'm wondering if it would make an excellent dedicated upshot/approach disc. I often get in more trouble from a hard fade than bending right (especially considering ground play). There is something about the flight of this disc at low speeds that is compelling enough that I can't let it go.

Luckily I have 3 of them. Do you think they mean for the Uplink to be the substitute?

Thrown flat and easy, the Paradox will glide to the right forever - though even a breath of headwind spells disaster. The closest I've ever come to that disc is an old Stratus in X plastic.

Looks like the writing is on the wall for this one.

I haven't given up on it yet.

I'm wondering if it would make an excellent dedicated upshot/approach disc. I often get in more trouble from a hard fade than bending right (especially considering ground play). There is something about the flight of this disc at low speeds that is compelling enough that I can't let it go.

If you need a spare, lmk

Haha I could see the uplink being viablish replacement. The paradox is fairly unique, if I'd had it 10yrs ago I wouldn't have learned a FH.

I had a great zero wind round with it the other day, tons of fun

Such a fun disc. Bought it two months ago for the heck of it and it has since kicked every understable putter out of the bag. Powers down really nice. I only use it for under 300' shots though as the flight gets less predictable with power. Effortless turnover standstill shots and crazy high hyzerflip turnovers! Love it! Being neutron plastic it hasn't changed its flight either like base plastic putters tend to do after 2 months.

Last outing, I found myself leaning on the Uplink and not really trusting the Paradox as much. I think a broken in Uplink might be a more versatile disc than the Paradox....

Paradox is not the disc for tunnel shots that need to go straight and finish right. Too flippy for that. If I put enough power for it to go 250, it needs a bunch of hyzer, decent height, and a line that hugs the left side of the tunnel. Try to throw a little hyzer flip down the middle, it turns too much or loses too much altitude to get there.

Is good for shots where you have room to throw high and want to get far to the right.

Useful but not versatile, as many others have described it.

Prodigum has it right, paradox is a cool putter! Uplink is an awesome mid and so-so-decent putter. The paradox does things up short that my most understable spin will not.

Isn't the point of a disc like this that turns during it's entire flight or that you can throw it on hyzer and it flips up/out and then turns the rest of it's flight?

I always think of a disc like this as the answer to no forehand.
Yep, that's why I'm throwing one now. It's also good for weird lines in the woods. Crazy how useless I thought a disc like this was until my forehand went on the disabled list.

Latest posts