• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Sean Johnson

Eagle Member
"The Proxy is our straightest flying putter. It can hold a very straight line even with low power. Throwers with moderate power will be able to achieve hyzers, panning anhyzers, as well as straight shots depending on the angle of release. It features a similar comfortable feel as the Envy which makes it very reliable and forgiving. The Proxy is set to release this winter." - by Axiom Discs

axiom_proxy.jpg

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I'm pretty damn excited for this release.

Had heard about this, but was waiting for the pics. 'Similar, comfortable feel as the Envy' is good, though I'll admit from the description I was thinking overmold lid. Looking forward to a profile.

Isn't the Envy a straight flying putter?

Straight to overstable. With a true 0 HSS, the envy doesn't turn. The new axiom mold will be easier to get some flip out of I would assume.

I would concur. Envy is straight with power and the magic is the HSS can absorb a great deal of power. Powered down, it will fade. I'm not sure what I'd use a powered down Envy for, maybe... putting? heh.

Had heard about this, but was waiting for the pics. 'Similar, comfortable feel as the Envy' is good, though I'll admit from the description I was thinking overmold lid. Looking forward to a profile.

Makes me think it has a straight inside rim unlike the Ion/Anode (and neutral to understable in flight).

Sounds like it will have the feel of the Envy with the flight of the Anode. Either way props to MVP for putting out one of the most requested discs fans have been asking for!

I take my Envy in and out of my bag because I have a hard time switching between it and my opto Pure.
So the Pure stays and Envy goes.
But..... I could see were this disc could kick out the Pure, and make a great pairing with the Envy.

I take my Envy in and out of my bag because I have a hard time switching between it and my opto Pure.
So the Pure stays and Envy goes.
But..... I could see were this disc could kick out the Pure, and make a great pairing with the Envy.

I really hope its less HSS than a pure. All of the MVP putters have pretty much 0 HSS so something which turns like a Pa4 will be a disc that instantly gets bagged. Ill be curious to see how this and the new midrange differ for me being I really like to drive putters vs understable mids.

I think they should just debut this in Soft neutron. I do think I will have a problem talking someone in to throwing these two discs. The names are a little lame, IMO. I guess it really doesn't matter, if they are $$$.

Sounds like just the disc i've been looking for. I use an envy for putting in windy conditions, but otherwise prefer the anode for putts. And anode with the feel of an envy will most def make the bag as my primary putter. Plus i like to throw the anode a lot on upshots, but its rim always felt funny in my hand. This should do nicely

I really hope its less HSS than a pure. All of the MVP putters have pretty much 0 HSS so something which turns like a Pa4 will be a disc that instantly gets bagged. Ill be curious to see how this and the new midrange differ for me being I really like to drive putters vs understable mids.

This please. I have been using the Anode for 2 years but prefer the feel of the Envy. Something with less HSS than the Pure would rule.

My bet is, given MVP's history, it will be more straight than understable. Hopefully that Magic/PA4 clone is next.

I just keep thinking about Zam saying that you want "da juice." These guys are just getting warmed up.

Latest posts