• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Tell me about it. My knees are killing me from a day of scrubbing similar stuff at rental property. Need to treat regularly so easier to clean and no need to scrape like madmen

Threw the proxy a bit after dropping off a employee who lives near a course and i dont even want to bag the stupid disc but damn it will fly on q frozen rope regardless of conditions etc. Such a cool disc to see lock in and just hunt the basket.

**** it. I got room in these big ass bags i guess ion/proxy combo it is.

So I picked up an atom based off a recommendation from a local store owner. Loved it.
Wanted to get a Premium plastic one, but they don't exist....yet.
I did some research and read all ....most....of this post and decided to get a neutron Proxy. After much testing I felt the proxy is a little more Us than the atom (not by much) and has more glide...but less dart-like speed. I was happy...but still disappointed because i wanted something i could rip and throw laser straight. SO, i got a neutron Envy....and first throw was like "This is what I was looking for"
After further testing the Envy does hyzer well, it can hold a really deep hyzer or can be throw straight or on an anhyzer. Very versatile, but the Proxy is nice for those low power straight shots and slight or late turnovers.
Great combo. I am going to try them out this weekend on a couple courses, I wanted some solid THROWING putters that I can use as almost mini midranges....I really like how these fit. Now all we need is a Premium Atom....waiting ;)

Last edited:
Upon further experience with the Proxy and Envy I can honestly say, they are an amazing short range throwing disc pair. I had a great shot with the Proxy. It was a overgrown uphill shot that needed a big anny to get over (Hole 3 Hyland Bloomington MN if youre familiar) . I hit an early tree so it was a tough recovery shot. Nice smooth form and laid it up flat with a torque motion to allow the disc to anhyzer. this sucker floated up and right and coasted nicely to lay up for a 3, big save.
I'm loving the Envy more and more. I shot that course hole #9 which is a straight slight downhill about 300 ft or so. Buzzzes usually go too far so I threw the Envy, Perrrrrfect straight, slight hyzer finish under the chips, tap in. I love these discs. I'm new to MVP/Axiom, but for throwing putters or fast putters/ short midrange type discs, the Proxy, Atom, Envy is crazy awesome and dat GYRO yo, goes bullet straight at peak velocity.
*If you are looking for driving/throwing putters that feel great and cover the duties well, For Slightly Understable PROXY and slightly Overstable ENVY, both can be manipulated to fly straight, hyzer or anhyzer, but are different enough to have their own strengths. Very impressed with these discs.

Joined the Envy/Proxy club. The Proxy replaced my Opto Pure that I bagged. Love that I can throw it dead straight with zero fade out to almost 300'. One of my favorite shots to throw, so awesome to see a flat line drive go 200-250' Lazer straight with zero fade.

And the Envy makes a great stable compliment to the proxy. Use it for straight shots with fade, gentle hyzers, and anhyzers that I want to pan out flat at the end.

I carry those two molds, along with an ESP Zone and have all shots covered in the driving putter category.

Do you want a envy without fade? Proxy is lazer straight in the LSS with envy HSS and feel sharing the same core.

So you'd say it's worth the space in the bag for a proxy to compliment my envy? I've got a regular neutron envy that I love so I'd look into getting a soft proxy if it's worth it.

I'll add to the chorus that yes, it is worth it to carry both. You'd have to do your own workouts with the discs, but for me the Proxy is my go-to for straight shots, shots where a little bit of glide is good, as well as anhyzer shots. The Envy is (for me) better for hyzers, into the wind, and shots where I don't want much/any glide. I've found that carrying the pair is worth it, but that's a call that each individual would have to make for themselves.

Great thanks, I may pick one up. I was thinking soft because I'd probably use it for my approaches. Does the soft stick better than the regular neutron or are they about the same? I could see the overmold voiding the cores flexibility.

If axiom comes out with a Zone-like disc it would be the trifecta. I carry an A1 or a Harp for that slot now. I used to carry premium plastic putters Pa4, Glow Pa3 or Pa1, Harp, A1....i still mix them in and out, but i really love the proxy envy combo, they get more distance in general than the 400 Pa putters, great for short drives or long approaches.

Axiom Zone would be great tho

The Proxy is amazing. Mainly throwing a 175g plasma.

I've been getting compliments on it about every other round in MPO, where such comments on discs are typically rare.
"What's that Yellow disc you're throwing? It does exactly what you want every time" I've had that same comment 3 times in two weekends.

The Buzzz and Buzzz SS are getting much less flight time with the Proxy and Envy bagged. They easily cover most shots out to 300 ft for me.

my proxy has now kicked my warship out. the ship is too long for the lines i want from it and the proxy picks up this lines perfectly. lately I've been needing a sweeping anny line at a course i have not played in a while. this proxy nails that line to a tee. and it also does so well on straight laser beam types shots as well. if my envy will fade too much the proxy gets the call. truly a joy to throw and i love telling people yes its a putter!

For the longest time I could keep up with MVP and buy each new release but in the last year or two they just come out with so much stuff I can't get everything. That's all to say I have never ever thrown a Proxy.

I got a Watermelon Envy early on and it's beat to hell. My thinking has always been a new Proxy probably flies about the same as a beat to hell Proton Envy.

Am I mistaken in that assuming that?

For the longest time I could keep up with MVP and buy each new release but in the last year or two they just come out with so much stuff I can't get everything. That's all to say I have never ever thrown a Proxy.

I got a Watermelon Envy early on and it's beat to hell. My thinking has always been a new Proxy probably flies about the same as a beat to hell Proton Envy.

Am I mistaken in that assuming that?

My most beat up N Envy is close, but not quite the same. And the Proxy I have with some wear on it is less alike.

If you never find yourself going "man, I wish I had an Envy that's more seasoned than this one," then you probably don't HAVE to get a Proxy.

I think this was kind of covered but I couldn't find a clear answer... I love my Melon Proxy, which other plastic option is the most similar?

went to the course with a smaller bag today and left the proxy home. ill never do that again. didn't realize just how much i throw the proxy until i couldn't throw it. cost me at least two strokes today.