• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I really like the Proxy/Envy combo, but I wish the Envy was a little more OS sometimes.

When you mash on the Envy, it just goes straight.

When I really mash on the Proxy it just goes farther.

The Envy is unique in that it has the HSS of a disc that would typically have much more LSS. Which is kind of cool because it gives you a driving putter that isn't too OS to putt with.

But I feel your pain that it can't cover as many lateral lines.

I really like the Proxy/Envy combo, but I wish the Envy was a little more OS sometimes.

When you mash on the Envy, it just goes straight.

When I really mash on the Proxy it just goes farther.

^This. I've found the Proton Envys to be pretty good for that shot, at least when they're fresh. I've heard they beat quicker and become less overstable than N and soft N, but for now, mine has a lot more LSS than my N.

Who knows. Id assume so being the envy core is same thing made in proton. Demand might be another thing.

Proton is really just a clear colored neutron at this point.

I know, but those are long gone. Was wondering if they'd have a normal production run at some point?

I'm actually liking mine less and less really. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. Just sayin, my op of course

Recently dropped the proxy and went back to wizards for that shot. For me they fly the exact same line which is dead straight no turn/fade at all out to 300ft. Excellent disc (mine has an ace) but I like a good base line plastic for my throwing putter and a nice big bead. It's great if you like a fast, shallow putter in premium plastic that goes dead f'n straight. Like a mini comet

Threw my soft proxy today. And while I liked the plastic better than my watermelon proxy it still has zero grip when wet.

Flights great, just the plastic... :\

Threw my soft proxy today. And while I liked the plastic better than my watermelon proxy it still has zero grip when wet.

Flights great, just the plastic... :\

I have not found that to be the case. I love Soft Neutron both in the Envy and the Proxy. Never had a problem even when they are wet and its raining. In fact, I feel the Soft Neutron beats into that soft velvety Neutron feel quicker than with regular Neutron.

People are just weird.

Want grippy wet plastic? Throw baseline or season premium ****. Soft neutron was just fine today with wet ass grass all over.

Also proxy is no wiz/ion. Dafuq? Room for both if you like throwing putters.

Last edited:
After putting with Ions, Anodes, Proxies, Atoms, Spin, Envy and other brands and all different plastics I have came to the conclusion that my perfect putter is an electron Proxy about 160g. So uh any word when Axiom molds will get Electron plastic?

Iirc, they said that they have to make new molds to make discs in Electron...

...So... 2027? Sorry ranger couldn't resist:D

After putting with Ions, Anodes, Proxies, Atoms, Spin, Envy and other brands and all different plastics I have came to the conclusion that my perfect putter is an electron Proxy about 160g. So uh any word when Axiom molds will get Electron plastic?

I'm curious to try putting with an Electron Proxy as well. I really enjoy my Soft Electron Ions for putting duties, but I flirted with the Envy for a bit. The shallow rim gave me a very clean release, but its too OS of a mold even at 165 to be my primary putting putter.

I like how my soft proxy putts, but I want to hold out for Electron before I really give it a proper audition for that role.

My electron atom became a proxy with a witners use. I like the proxy for the fact it holds up for a longgg time before even showing a hint of turn in premium plastic.no need at all IMO with atoms out for a baseline proxy.

I feel like the Atom is the perfect compromise here. It starts out OS like the Envy, but it beats straight like the Proxy.

Edit: AIM beat me to it!