• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back Pack Staps

Johnny_Crunch

Double Eagle Member
With there being a few choices in back pack straps does anyone have a particular set they like more than others or have reasons to stay away from a particular set?

stay away from the military surplus, little johnny.
You are fine with the basic innovas, brown bags, old golf bag straps or whatever.

I've got a set of the Brown Bag Co. Toolrider GSX Straps, worn for one round. Only thing I found wrong with them is that I'm pretty short (5'7"), and they don't adjust short enough to ride where I like them. PM me if you're interested.... :thmbup:

I've got a set of the Brown Bag Co. Toolrider GSX Straps, worn for one round. Only thing I found wrong with them is that I'm pretty short (5'7"), and they don't adjust short enough to ride where I like them. PM me if you're interested.... :thmbup:

I'm shorter! Thanks for the info though.

They're exactly the same as the Brown Bag Tool Rider straps with less bells and whistles, but more $. If you're considering Gel Strapz, just go this route:

http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Bag-Com...MFK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314408642&sr=8-1

Edit: I've had both and I currently use the Toolrider straps. They're quite comfy. The only complaints are that they don't stay adjusted (safety pins should fix that) and the chest strap clip is flimsy. Also, do a search on "straps" and you should get all the answers you need and then some.

A set of Phenix quad shocks really isn't that expensive, around $40, and will last you years and years. They are the original and the best for a reason.

Feel free to save a few bucks with the competition, but you do get what you pay for.

Thanks BCR and others. I am willing to spend whatever it takes for a quality and comfortable product. This has been lots of help. The Gel Strapz can be purchased locally and that was the reason I was interested in them.

My Phenix quad shocks are super comfy. They don't require safety pins and the more expensive version has an adjustable sternum strap which stays where you put it. The padding is thick and the damn straps are heavier than my empty Revo mini bag. Just a superb product.

I hate to say they are the best of the best, but they probably are. If you're willing to spend the money, I seriously doubt you will be dissappointed.

EDIT - Any backpack straps will be better than a single shoulder strap, so you're doing yourself and your spine a big favor by upgrading, regardless of which brand of strap you choose.

Last edited:

Latest posts