• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack bag

Alexplz

Double Eagle Member
Hey dudes, I put on some CCDG on the Chromecast last night and my wife told me I should buy a backpack bag. I'm one to listen to my wife so here I am <3

Presently I carry a Fossa tourney-style bag, the ones that carry a ton of discs (like north of 30) with quad straps. I appreciate the sheer capacity of this one primarily as if I'm feeling cheeky I could fill the thing up with around 26 discs for a tournament without batting an eye. Not much of a minimalist, you see.

Anyway, looking for recommendations for the best value on a backpack - high capacity for discs is a plus, as is overall build quality (stitching that doesn't fall apart, ergo). These two features combined would typically launch me into the pricey stratosphere, so what options do I have for something cheaper, say closer to $100 than $200?

thanks

The Fossa pro is a nice bag if you I'd just stick with that or grab a DD bag those are my suggestions

GripEQ A series if you play a lot/play tournaments, B serious if you dont or dont carry a lot of discs.

DD Ranger is also nice. These are the two I've personally had and were happy with both. I prefer the Grip A series. AX if you want extra storage. Grip is also running a 10% sale right now.

GripEQ A series if you play a lot/play tournaments, B serious if you dont or dont carry a lot of discs.

DD Ranger is also nice. These are the two I've personally had and were happy with both. I prefer the Grip A series. AX if you want extra storage. Grip is also running a 10% sale right now.

The AX seems like the obvious choice at this point, thanks. :hfive:

RidgeRoller.com high quality backpack with built in aluminum seat and option for a cart down the road. Best of all worlds

If I were in your shoes, I'd take a look at the Upper Park Rebel.
At the higher end of your price range, but it's extremely comfortable, extremely easy to load, and you get the Refresh code to upgrade when they bring out new versions.

Buy once, cry once.

RidgeRoller.com high quality backpack with built in aluminum seat and option for a cart down the road. Best of all worlds
Why would you suggest a $245 bag to a guy looking to spend $100? I'm not saying your bag isn't worth the cost. It's like telling someone to get a Destroyer who is looking for a putter

Why would you suggest a $245 bag to a guy looking to spend $100? I'm not saying your bag isn't worth the cost. It's like telling someone to get a Destroyer who is looking for a putter

Haha just throwing it out there.. relax, he can ignore it if he wants. a lot of people never herd of RR

Haha just throwing it out there.. relax, he can ignore it if he wants. a lot of people never herd of RR
I feel ya man. You have a solid product. It's a really nice setup. You should keep the posts flowing in the RR thread to help people stay aware and informed. Blow it up on IG. Post something there every day to keep it fresh.

Maybe look for a used Mystery Ranch Taj Mahal?

For a decent bag at a decent price that has good capacity, I use an Innova Hero (~$80 new) and I've really liked it. Im planning on getting a new SuperHero (Which is the same but with better materials so a lil tougher) and they are only 100$ shipped (I believe) so that's a DARN good deal. otherwise the DD bags are decent too and can find some around 100 - More expensive bags have their perks , but im a disc golf nerd and play often and in tough terrain all year long and the Hero has been nice at a low price tag - Rangers and Grips and Upper Parks are good too but then youre looking 200-250 and I be poor so, that's my take, I haven't used too many other bags though to compare but my buddies all have Upper park bags and like them - just find your price range and look at bags there and read reviews and use your best judgement ;)

this bag with seat is now $135 https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Disc-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z32MAE3KQYW08Y13FQGS

I know I was told a guy from Las Vegas sent a Gorilla boy bag the one with seat to this company to knock off the bag but, the bag has good reviews for all of the bag except the bottom zippered storage unit.

Not sure about all that, but GB did start outsourcing the black Simians to China. I'm sure he would have sent a version of his own work over there to see what they would charge to make it and send them back. Once it's over there and in their hands you have no control over what they do with it. Risk of doing business in China.

Hell, you can bulk order that bag through Alibaba now, which is probably what that Amazon seller did.

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=disc+golf+backpack

Scroll down past the first couple outliers and you see copies of all sorts of bags. Upper Park, Grip, MVP, Gorilla Boy, etc.

Anything made in China will be ripped off in China.

Last edited:
When in doubt, Grip is the answer. I've heard Pound bags are also extremely well built, but they're probably 2-3x more expensive than the Grips. I have two Grips: A14 and C15. Loved the A14 but it was a bit wide and bulky, so I got the C series. Perfect combination of disc capacity and comfort, and if I need more disc space for a tourney I can still carry the A14. I had that bag for over two years and aside from a little sun fading and the usual wear and tear here and there, it's held together perfectly.

Not sure about all that, but GB did start outsourcing the black Simians to China. I'm sure he would have sent a version of his own work over there to see what they would charge to make it and send them back. Once it's over there and in their hands you have no control over what they do with it. Risk of doing business in China.

Hell, you can bulk order that bag through Alibaba now, which is probably what that Amazon seller did.

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=disc+golf+backpack

Scroll down past the first couple outliers and you see copies of all sorts of bags. Upper Park, Grip, MVP, Gorilla Boy, etc.

Anything made in China will be ripped off in China.

Yes but some like the Infinnity having a Upper Park rip off was due to the players wanting an updated version of the small cool looking bag UP makes. Upper Parks is aware and they said that was their fault for not having made changes to that bag and focusing on the other bags that Amazon makes.

The Simian bag was ripped off before GB outsorsed the bag. I found the guy's YouTube in the bag from Las Vegas Disc golf Club who in the In the bag said he had Developed a bag with Bagalane This was due to the brand Gorilla Boy having a back order of the top of the line bag they made before having the design made in China. Yes the Bag is made by Bagalane a company known for knock off Purses and Knapsack style backpacks. That is the one Sold on Amazon I showed. Original seller had to pull the Bagalane Simian Knock off, off Amazon due to it getting tanked reviews of people that never even tried the bag at all.

The bags on Alibaba Look like crappy knock offs of the Knock off bags. A few of those crappy Knock off products end up in on some of the name brand orders of Products on Amazon due to the seller doing this. I saw a FITACIC bag a copy of a old Grip backpack bag that is not made anymore in that exact style get sold on Amazon as a knock off of the FITACIC bags. you cold tell in the comments the picture as they misspelled FITACIC and the sewing was not as precise as the FITACIC one, fell apart under a year in the update.

Last edited:

Latest posts