• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

Sidebar: I bagged 4 courses today: 2.5, 2.0, 2.0, 4.5

What a pleasure it was to play a genuinely well laid-out and challenging course. I was so happy to give it a high score. And when I look at the reviews here, the newest is 5 years old, and the next newest complained about rubber tees. I found poured concrete, so I need to put up an updated review.

Prompton State Park in PA

I would prefer to just see comments about a course and not a number rating.

A 1 for me might not be a 1 for you....but if I say....

I find the number rating becomes fair in aggregate, although courses with a bigger local following will get inflated by perfect 5s than courses in dead areas.

What a pleasure it was to play a genuinely well laid-out and challenging course. I was so happy to give it a high score. And when I look at the reviews here, the newest is 5 years old, and the next newest complained about rubber tees. I found poured concrete, so I need to put up an updated review.

Prompton State Park in PA

Never heard of it but looks great. Will check it out next time I'm driving someone out to EWR at a reasonable time.

Not hard to think some people don't bother changing the date played when they post a review.

I saw three reviews up today of courses I played in PA, and really looked forward to reading them. I opened them only to find a new reviewer writing the kind of short and generalized observations you find on uDisc. <sigh>

So that is what reviews look like at Udisc? really short and mainly concentrate on upkeep/maintenance and the portalet situation? I wonder if there is a site to review portalets?

The newest uDisc review for Coyote Hills: "Very fun."
Accompanied by a "5" rating.

Nothing about the portalet. So I rate his rating a 4.5

So that is what reviews look like at Udisc? really short and mainly concentrate on upkeep/maintenance and the portalet situation? I wonder if there is a site to review portalets?

ive saw a youtube video or two about porta potty reviews

lack of the waxing poetically art and humor was a giant missed opportunity

ive saw a youtube video or two about porta potty reviews

You clicked on, and watched one. Or more than one? :D

Must be a midwest thing. Porta potty. Porta John, or calling a s***er a john in any capacity just doesn't happen around here.

I saw three reviews up today of courses I played in PA, and really looked forward to reading them. I opened them only to find a new reviewer writing the kind of short and generalized observations you find on uDisc. <sigh>

Let's appreciate new reviewers and new insights. As long as there's some useful info, and it's not simply a 5-star rating for their local course, we should welcome more voices on this site.

Let's appreciate new reviewers and new insights. As long as there's some useful info, and it's not simply a 5-star rating for their local course, we should welcome more voices on this site.

True. These fell into the chasm between thumbs: no real insights about holes or play, but nothing to merit blasting a thumbs down and maybe discouraging them.

Interestingly in the few days following, several of the same courses received reviews from somebody else (both reviews easily earning thumbs up). At first I thought the coincidence might be explained because they were playing partners - but it turns out they played months apart.

Maybe it's just a case of the reviewer thinking "hey - Coyote Hills deserves better!"

Saw an ad for a weight loss site/program called GoLo. The guy who lost 80+ lbs was shown holding a disc, standing beside a basket ----in his pre-weightloss body. :rolleyes:

And we once called porta-toilets "blue rooms" in fire camp cause they were blue, which has stuck because the fluid in them is blue too. (Some toilets are now pink and labeled for women only, so they can avoid some of the outrageous nastiness that they sometimes become when they aren't serviced on time)

New red flag alert. Three 5-star reviews that probably have 200 words among them for Browns n Bows in Browns Valley, CA.

VK has the most recent reviews of all three and it's like night and day comparing them.

New red flag alert. Three 5-star reviews that probably have 200 words among them for Browns n Bows in Browns Valley, CA.

VK has the most recent reviews of all three and it's like night and day comparing them.

One of them gives you a better feel for the trout fishing, than it does the disc golf. :\

But hey, at least he lets us know that a creek, is actually a water hazard.

Last edited:

i don't know. You can see the opportunity in VK review, for someone to be blown away. Someone more impressed by shine than substance.

Latest posts