• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=82305

My new favorite (bad) reviewer frognuts69 not only has the coolest username on the site, but he has been pumping out quality bad reviews lately (literally just today).

He doesn't have the dramatic flair of Redneck Machismo but I think if he practices hard enough, he can descend to that depth over time.

From his review of Anne Dever

"Pros: The first 4 holes are ok. Beautiful scenery. Then you walk into shmegma..
Cons: …enter shmegma, we loose a disc every round we play here. You cannot see where you are going. The terrain is flat and THICK with ground palms.. SUCKS!!
Other Thoughts: Open the fairways, thin out the edges, not coming back anymore due to losing discs!"

Such words, such poetry, such.. schmegma?

They are just UDisc reviews with an emphasis on pedestrian safety.

I would bet that the reviewer in question is referencing smegma. Which still doesn't really add a lot of clarity, but *shrugs*.

But I'm more impressed by the way that he/she apparently figured out how to pin reviews at the top of the home page. All six of those reviews were visible for at least a half hour before I posted my latest review, yet somehow mine still appears below them.

I would bet that the reviewer in question is referencing smegma. Which still doesn't really add a lot of clarity, but *shrugs*.

But I'm more impressed by the way that he/she apparently figured out how to pin reviews at the top of the home page. All six of those reviews were visible for at least a half hour before I posted my latest review, yet somehow mine still appears below them.

It's rigged!

That is interesting, maybe more time to get :thmbdown: votes.

Guess we will have to see what the home page looks like in the morning.

I wanted to call baloney on the reviews and downvote them, but I've not been to all of those courses, plus the ones I have played I have not been to since last year, and that area was impacted by a major hurricane last September.

Preserve is on my list for Monday, as are South County Regional Park, Tortoise Run, and Estero. I might get up to Sarasota in March. I'm doing reviews too. 4 rounds are gonna be a lot on me, and the time frame is tight too. If I wanted any chance of 4 rounds, I need to be at my first course around sun-up. That would mean leaving my place at 5.

I wanted to call baloney on the reviews and downvote them, but I've not been to all of those courses, plus the ones I have played I have not been to since last year, and that area was impacted by a major hurricane last September.
Hear you loud and clear. Certainly feels easier to thumb reviews for courses you've played, but noone should let that stop them from saying a review is or isn't helpful.

I'd argue reviews are for people who haven't played the course. Does a given review provide the info you need to decide which courses to play/skip (Y/N)?

Just my $.02 worth.

I'd also add someone can write a very short review that doesn't say much more than a course is great or sux.

Taken at face value, one could say,
"Hey, that's enough to help me decide. :thmbup: "

But I'd ask, "Can you really take that review at face value?" Is there enough content to make you feel you can trust this person's opinion?

... especially when spending valuable vacation time and days on the road, and you're looking special courses.

Last edited:
In my opinion, reviews are for people who haven't played the course, but are to be judged by the people who have. That's why I only thumb reviews on courses I've been to. I like long reviews, but like many people have said, no review needs to stand on its own; when read alongside other reviews already on the site, a short review can add value.

Some detail

It is slightly helpful to know if someone thinks a course is great or sucks but I need to know a little bit about why. I have seen people give a course a bad rating because "it's too easy". I know I can get the hole distances off the site (usually) but if there are no photos or map, I don't necessarily know why it is too easy. If it's just lack of length and/or variety, that might be okay for me to play. If it is just open fields, then yeah I am also not interested in playing. If it is downgraded because it's too crowded (think Morley Field in San Diego), I can try to go at an off-time. If it is because it is too remote or doesn't have a lot of local amenities, I can figure that out on my own by looking at the map. So I'd like a little detail please.

The number of stars given is what tells me if the reviewer thinks the course was good or not...the review needs to tell me why. Simply restating in words the # of stars tells me literally nothing. Most udisc reviews even go farther than that.

Last edited:

The one line gives youa lot to think about:

"Very clearly marked Multiple tee pads Open layout Challenging Beginner friendly"

But I'm still stuck on the guy's name (hottabascosauce)....when is Tabasco sauce NOT hot?

I guess it was to differentiate himself from the four other members using "Tabasco" in their names.

Case closed.

Those who have been around here for a while know who has the most :thmbdown:.

And it is not close.

Well, its not all in one review (which would be the record), but I found a course with 866 :thmbdown: votes, through all the reviews. A couple had 60 or more :thmbdown:s.

This achievement was earned by none other than ... Pendleton King Park!! :D

Those who have been around here for a while know who has the most :thmbdown:.

And it is not close.

W/o checking and with your hint in mind, I'm guessing Dave242. He did so many of those cut and paste reviews that didn't tell you anything about the course (just how he grades courses). Eventually he started adding some details about the course in question, but I think he'd already gotten a ton of down votes by then.