• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Dyeing Thread

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
We all dye discs and we all have bags. Can we dye bags?

I was thinking of playing with dye colors and coming up with something sweet. Then getting a white or very light colored bag and dyeing it.

Would I need to submerge the entire bag or should I just paint the dye into the fabric?

If anyone's done this before post pics. Any ideas, thoughts, comments post 'em here.

Post anything related to bag dyeing in this thread.

I will upload some pics of my bag. You can find it around here though. As a thought for those who might want to try to "dye" their bags. I used a matte spray paint. You might also look into fabric spray paints and or nylon/plastic paints. Also, oil paint might be a great idea since it will NOT come out of fabrics.

FRONT
2011-03-26150624.jpg

2011-03-26150541.jpg

BACK
2011-03-27095318.jpg

STRAP
2011-03-27095637.jpg

SIDE
2011-03-27095303.jpg

The only thing that has changed on this this bag is the hydration pack add-on is gone. This design is suppose to be a tiger stripe camo scheme (got lazy and couldnt add the brown without getting really sloppy and all over the place. IF YOU WANT TO TRY THIS GET AN AIRBRUSH! IT WILL HELP TONS!)

I guess this is about as close of a thread to what I'm going to ask as I will find here. Does anyone know a way to remove screen-printed logos from the bags? I'd be willing to get rid of the Lightning Discs logo without doing serious damage to the material.

I guess this is about as close of a thread to what I'm going to ask as I will find here. Does anyone know a way to remove screen-printed logos from the bags? I'd be willing to get rid of the Lightning Discs logo without doing serious damage to the material.

Large patch?

bag looks awesome Hybrid.. love the tiger stripe camo... we did our john boat like that

Thanks, i have been thinking of many other bag dyes like a tan/khaki colored innova standard (or bag of choice/preference). I have the ideas just not the funding or materials. I also do want to try different medias to use the bag.

P.S
My idea for the khaki bag dye.
1.) Select bag of choice and tape off the logo (optional) and any other openings or surfaces that you do not want dyed.

2.) Use white rit whitener? (This is just a hypothesis that the white rit will make a black bag pure white. More or less as a white wash. If anyone has any confirmation on this just post the results or something.) If you do not want to use white rit, use white oil paint. Apply with brush and let set until desired whiteness is achieved.

3.) When application is dried and set, spray bag with krylon (or fabric paint of your choice) camo paint in khaki/tan or color of your choice. Apply light layers and allow time to dry between layers.

I leave this information to those who are willing to pioneer this concept in the dg world. Please use this idea and post your results to any and all who read and stumble upon it. To whoever tries this out i wish you best of luck.

Funny thing, I did the same thing to my first bag. Except I used spraypaint, and a stencil. Same pattern (tigerstripe camo), and exact same model/color bag too. *twilight zone*

Latest posts