• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Manufacturer Quality Ranking

Has Gateway's quality really gone down or are they just not in style anymore?

They must just be out of style. The storage is a bit awkward, and could use an updated design in those terms (the primary reason I'm looking at a hyzerbomb). The quality and toughness of the bag is well beyond what you'd expect for the price - or even double, looking at what backpack bags are selling for now.

I'm always very sceptical of user reviews. My brother-in-law will tell everyone he meets that his Saloman shoes are the best for DG. The sole separated from the shoe after 2 weeks of playing. They've been held together with glue ever since. :\

Many folks are more about defending their decision to purchase the item in question than they are interested in providing an unbiased review.

Price has nothing to do with this thread. For the most part, Innova and Fade seem to be made of the same low-quality materials and don't last very long (under 2 years usually).

Well if you can't afford to shell out a large chunk of cash I would definitely recommend a fade before an innova bag. I am sure there are many that have been made with much more durable material. I can only speak for my fade bag and what I have seen in my friends innova bags.

the bottom should definetly be those pdga bags, mine lasted about 3 months....turrible turrible quality.

Voodoo on top for the price and quality you can't beat it especially when the mahal is sooo expensive.

I have the fade tourney bag, I really like it, I see no problems with wear and its already seen a good 50 rounds.

From a touring players point of view

never carried a revo but I have seen those bags in pieces
Grip- the bottoms seem to always fall off, they may have fixed that problem I don't know
NoExcuses- had my bag for 2 full touring years no problems at all just needed a change
Mystery ranch- military bags so they are good quailty just HUGE
disc company bags are always bottom of the line along with fade- cheap materials.
Voodoo seems pretty good just never seen one old enough to judge them.

What bag are you currently using?

I agree the Mahal is expensive, but you are getting easily the best built dg purposed bag on the market. It's built in the USA, and comes with a LIFETIME warranty. I've had mine for over a year now and it's still looks brand spanking new. Someone had a first run bag, mines a 2nd, and he's looked every bit as good as mine. He said he hasn't had any issues with his either.

the bottom should definetly be those pdga bags, mine lasted about 3 months....turrible turrible quality.

Voodoo on top for the price and quality you can't beat it especially when the mahal is sooo expensive.

On a side note I agree Saloman shoes are garbage!

Price has nothing to do with this thread. For the most part, Innova and Fade seem to be made of the same low-quality materials and don't last very long (under 2 years usually).

I disagree. I beat the hell out of my innova competition bag for 2.5 years and it's dirty but doesn't show any real signs of wear. That includes numerous road trips, a few hundred new courses including plenty of rocky/rough ground, and lots of local rounds.

I agree the Mahal is expensive, but you are getting easily the best built dg purposed bag on the market. It's built in the USA, and comes with a LIFETIME warranty. I've had mine for over a year now and it's still looks brand spanking new. Someone had a first run bag, mines a 2nd, and he's looked every bit as good as mine. He said he hasn't had any issues with his either.

Plus the LIFETIME warranty is from a company that you know will still be around in 20+ years. Can't say the same for most of the DG bag makers on the market today.

I'm always very sceptical of user reviews. My brother-in-law will tell everyone he meets that his Saloman shoes are the best for DG. The sole separated from the shoe after 2 weeks of playing. They've been held together with glue ever since. :\

Many folks are more about defending their decision to purchase the item in question than they are interested in providing an unbiased review.

This!

disc company bags are always bottom of the line along with fade- cheap materials
Which Gateway bags have you used that were of the same quality as Innova and Discraft? I'm curious becasue all of the ones I've ever seen have been of similar quality as Revolution so that's how I always describe them. If they have lower quality bags I'm curious to know which ones they are.