• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Bag Stolen! I need your help

The Bird Man

Birdie Member
My bag was stolen, and for insurance purposes, I need to find out the value of what I lost. So, if you have the time, what was my bag worth?

Carolina team bag
bag straps

Omega SS 1.13
Omega SS 1.13
Omega SS 2001 dubs stamp
CE Omega
SE Rhyno

proto CE Gator
first run Spider
Z Meteor
proto Sparkle (no stamp) Z Buzzz
proto Sparkle Z Buzzz loaded with sparkles
circle stamp 180 pink Z Buzzz

12x Firebird flat
CE FX
11x KC Pro Teebird
Night Shift Orc
pearly Orc
Z Force
Esp Force
Sparkle Sidewinder
first run Boss

Thanks! I should probably fill my bag with cheaper plastic.

i cant even imagine having to explain CE to an insurance company, let alone the other high end stuff. i guess i would check ebays completed listings to see current values.

Ebay links will be waaay over priced, you should post it in the what are these discs worth.

that's what I was gonna do.

I was hoping/thinking this would give me a direct link to other peoples appraises.

yea if i were to appraise it, i would just be checking the ebay listings. it is tough because you cant just go get another CE FX. good luck, sorry to hear such a sweet set-up was stolen.

careful, your insurance company won't want to hear "out of production model". They will instantly reimburse you for the price of a normal Z buzz instead of the going rate of a used proto buzz. It's the typical battle you have with everything insurance related.

careful, your insurance company won't want to hear "out of production model". They will instantly reimburse you for the price of a normal Z buzz instead of the going rate of a used proto buzz. It's the typical battle you have with everything insurance related.

I know, I know. But I have to try.

appraisals? or am I gonna have to try and find completed ebay listings.

I am sorry for your loss, I would be super pissed and I throw mostly stock stuff.

I hope you get your stuff back.

My bag was stolen, and for insurance purposes, I need to find out the value of what I lost. So, if you have the time, what was my bag worth?

Carolina team bag80-100
bag straps20-40

Omega SS 1.1325-30
Omega SS 1.1325-30
Omega SS 2001 dubs stamp30-35
CE Omega50-60
SE Rhyno40-100 depending on color and mold

proto CE Gator90-100
first run Spider40-50
Z Meteor10-15?
proto Sparkle (no stamp) Z Buzzz40?
proto Sparkle Z Buzzz loaded with sparkles 40?
circle stamp 180 pink Z Buzzz10-15

12x Firebird flatstock
CE FX 40-60
11x KC Pro Teebird35-50
Night Shift Orc35-50
pearly Orc15
Z Forcestock
Esp Forcestock
Sparkle Sidewinderstock
first run Boss40-50

Thanks! I should probably fill my bag with cheaper plastic.

hope this helps. I'm not 100% on the discraft stuff...
sorry about your bag homie.

It shouldn't take too much to get a fair value on the oop and more valuable plastic...sometimes you'll need to do some extra explaining/teaching to the adjuster, but if you can back it up then they'll most often price it accordingly. Depending on your policy and the company, they may slap you with a steep depreciation value, but you can usually work with them. If you feel like you're getting a really unfair valuation, be sure to ask to speak with the adjustor's boss if you can...and/or save receipts when you buy new discs because you can usually go back later and ask for an additional adjustment. They always try to lowball a little hoping that you'll be happy and won't return asking for more, but if you can show proof of value and replacement costs then you'll get a fair deal 99% of the time. I went through this a couple times. I was surprised that they didn't even really require proof of ownership (receipts, photos, etc) for anything, although that does make it easier to arrive at value.

An adjuster isn't going to work very hard at trying to determine value on a small payout like this, so anything you can do in the way of showing current market value, padded or not, will work to your advantage. Screen prints of ebay, DGCR, etc....esp for your oop and more valuable discs that may be hard for a non-golfer to understand the value of when compared to a brand new shiny model that might cost 1/3 to 1/2 of what you're claiming.

sorry to hear that? getting all that back is going to be hard.

how did it happen? from your car? i try not to leave anything in my car so people can see i'm just full of empty coffee cups.

It depends on your state and policy. If you have replacement cost in Wisconsin, that's what they'll pay. This shouldn't be too tough if you have decent insurance. If you were my client, I know I'd be able to get you everything back without hassle. If it were an extremely rare/high value disc (over $2500) there could be a limit. Good luck, sorry to hear about the loss.

It was from my car... i actually have exact back ups for most of it. The question is whether to just put stock stuff back in the new bag or my reserves.

It was from my car... i actually have exact back ups for most of it. The question is whether to just put stock stuff back in the new bag or my reserves.

Well what else did he take? just the bag or others? if it seems he broke in to just take you bag he might've known what you throw so if you put the good stuff back in i would not leave it in the car anymore.

put new stock stuff in, if you don't like it replace with reserves and sell excess reserves to pay for DG road trip.

I wonder what it would run to put a small (hidden) GPS chip into a bag with a small enough power source to be able to find it when things like this happen. I wonder if you could use your smart phone to track it. Granted you wouldn't do this for any run of the mill disc golf bag, but when you have valuable plastic along with a pricey bag the peace of mind might allow you to not worry about this happening again. And if it did happen again you could catch the *********** and then the fun really begins.

I might take a look at this and see if it's feasible, lot's of shady characters I see around some of the courses I play that would break into a car without a second thought.

My buddy used to have a pick up truck and his German Shepard Max that was an old police dog would sleep in the bed area while we played every afternoon. Twice at the same course in a matter of a few weeks it cornered people that were saying that they just walked by and the dog went nuts. That dog only would do it if it's territory was invaded and these punks were trying to steal tools or something from his truck. No way would his dog do it otherwise, and it never attacked or bit people unless ordered too. I still wonder how many people it did scare off without having to corner them just by standing up.:D