• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag suggestion?

jcf5083

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking to upgrade to a larger bag that holds 15-20 discs. Which bag (that falls under that category) will give me the most bang for my buck? Right now my choice is a Fade Tourney.

I'm a fan of revolution Carolina Bag but they seem to have a bad rep on here as far as customer service goes. But I have never had any problems with them.

bag2.jpg

(Also there are lots of threads with people looking for this exact thing so expect to be prerubed somewhere along the line :D)

I have a faded and it was a good bag. The rainfly strap is a nice feature. The only problem is that if you play as much DG especially tourneys like me the bag will get worn down. I have buddies who swear by their revolutions but I'm stepping it up and getting a golf mahal.

I got a Lat 64 pro bag, and love it. It has held up really well so far ( 9 months ), and has plenty of extra storage room.

My old Innova Deluxe bag is more durable than my Fade Tourney. I like them both.

My next bag purchase will be another Innova Deluxe. If you shop around, you can get them as low as $39.99

if you want something super quality go Revo Carolina, Phenix Core or Gorilla Boy Silverback or Kong.
Fade tourney and Innova Competition have a tempting price tag but the others area built better.

I currently have a Revo Carolina and a GB Simian. Very satisfied with both. I had the Innova competition. It's a good bag, I just prefer more pocket space and the extra 'feel' of quality.

btw, 2 years ago when i ordered my Carolina it showed up and the the putter pocket was cockeyed crooked. I took a pic of it, sent it back and got a new one. Good service. I'm sorry to hear about anyone who experienced otherwise.

While you can get a decent sized bag for about $50, that doesn't mean it's really the best bang for your buck. If you are a relatively serious golfer who plays several rounds a week, you want to put your money into a bag that will last. I personally can't recommend Gorilla Boy enough. For $100, you can get a Silverback that will last for many years to come. However, there are other good bag manufacturers out there. Just make sure you get something that will hold up to the rigors of the game.

Here is a pic of the Silverback.
IMG_3227.JPG

It's like this... Some people don't wanna spend the extra dough on a "higher-end" bag. (ya know, Revo, Gorilla Boy, Grip Equip) which is cool. But I own a Fade Tourney bag, the fly or die one. I also own two GB Chimps. Absolutely no comparison I tell ya. The Chimp is a VASTLY superior product to any Fade bag and probably even the Innova bag. It's like buying a pair of sneakers from Wal-Mart and a pair of Nike's from Foot Locker. Or buying a winter coat from... say... I don't know, *insert crappy store here* to buying a coat from like Columbia or The North Face. No contest. Whatever bag ya buy, spend the extra $40-$50 bones and get the real deal. You wont be disappointed.

Having said that, anybody wanna buy my extra Fade Tourney bag??? :doh:

bag

I started out with a Fade "Fly or Die" Tourney bag. Started showing wear and tear after 4 months. Bought a white and grey Carolina revolution. It arrived and I wasnt happy withe color in person. Emailed Dave and sent it back for the crimson and Grey Carolina. Customer service was great. They even paid shipping on the new bag.

I started out with a Fade "Fly or Die" Tourney bag. Started showing wear and tear after 4 months. Bought a white and grey Carolina revolution. It arrived and I wasnt happy withe color in person. Emailed Dave and sent it back for the crimson and Grey Carolina. Customer service was great. They even paid shipping on the new bag.

aannnd?? The durability of the Revo compared to the Fade? Ya pick the two up side by side and.. it's not even fair, right?

I'm looking to upgrade to a larger bag that holds 15-20 discs. Which bag (that falls under that category) will give me the most bang for my buck? Right now my choice is a Fade Tourney.

Then you've picked the right bag. I currently have 22 in mine. Fade Tourney is definitely the way to go for that price.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Mines been kicking strong for about 2 years or so. If I'd have had a stool it'd be lasting a hell of a lot longer. Stools definitely keep the bottom of your bag in shape.

.......Kong will be here in the weeks to come!!! oooooo I can't wait.

In the same price range as the fade tourney and holding 20 discs, you might consider the innova competition bag. It's lighter in weight than the tourney bags. At first, mine struck me as being made of flimsy material that is likely to fall apart, but it is proving surprisingly durable so far. I wish the blue color of it matched my blue backpack straps as well as the fadegear crunch bag did.

Putter pocket's larger on the F.G. Tourney. Hold 3 easy (i carry 3+) and there is an xtra zip pocket on the inside as well.

Put dividers around your discs in the main compartment and you have 2 large pocket with zip pockets inside them.

More pockets, more room for discs, tad cheaper. Either bag is good though. You see less fade gear out there than innova, so you're a little different as well.:thmbup:

sorry ta keep bustin' your balls jen :D

aannnd?? The durability of the Revo compared to the Fade? Ya pick the two up side by side and.. it's not even fair, right?

Def no comparison. Love my revo and have no complaints whatsoever. But i understand why someone would be tempted to get the cheaper bag. The carolina was $125 but i think dave from revolution said it best when i thanked him for paying the shipping on the second bag. He said "No problem, I want you to like it. You are going to have it for a long time." You really do get what you pay for. I remember on my fade flie or die the side pockets being very floppy and the stitching on the putter pocket had issues. As well as the bottom of the bag. I sold it while i could still get something out of it.

Latest posts