• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Baiting" in tournaments

I say heckling is a huge part of DG as long as it's light and not meant to really be offensive.

Not to sound douchey, but does playing in INT count as playing in the upper levels? Because last I checked, good players played in Advanced or Open, so I don't think he really has much to say about you anyway. But I would have laughed at him the next time he misses a 10' putt and then put in a 40 footer for birdie on the next hole...or Ace it. Anyway...scorecard says it all.

YES!!! Idiocracy was the first thing that popped in my mind too...

"Not now, I'm baiting"

I think the lowest possible of people who are so desperate to try stuff like this. Hence they dont matter, hence it does not get to me.

Same with any sort of mental game realy. I get to the tournament, I show what I can do ( sometimes more or less sucesful ) and then I get the rank I deserve. I am playing against myself and the course, not against others. I would call my aproach the "ignore the mental game" aproach :)

The only mental game that can get to me is my own. Blow a shot, realise what I should've done, get mad etc.

Baiting...hook, line, and stinker, I mean sinker. It's just trashtalking, or ribbing, or trolling minus the interwebz. Have you not seen or played any sports or poker?

When I play, my opponent is the course.
I was told once that one of the guys on my card was baiting me the whole round, and I didn't even notice.
I just don't care to play mind games like that, so I have begun wearing earbuds on the course.
It helps me concentrate on my game, and not the chit-chat and mind games.

If mind games get to you that easily, you are a rec player!

I love it when I can get to people that easily. Not gonna lie, I use mind games whenever possible. The easiest way to beat someone is to let them beat them self.

The only mental game that can get to me is my own. Blow a shot, realise what I should've done, get mad etc.

I LOVE to capitalize on this if I really want to beat you. But sometimes you do just feel bad for a guy and want him to pull it together. After all, I want you to shoot well, I just want to shoot better.

I think the lowest possible of people who are so desperate to try stuff like this. Hence they dont matter, hence it does not get to me.

Same with any sort of mental game realy. I get to the tournament, I show what I can do ( sometimes more or less sucesful ) and then I get the rank I deserve. I am playing against myself and the course, not against others. I would call my aproach the "ignore the mental game" aproach :)

You do realize the point of a tournament is to be playing/beat others...

Never had that happen. I woulda brushed it off, im not sure why he is so cocky if he is playing int as well??? DB